Topic: XviD (.avi troubles)

I installed SVP and I am using it on GOM player (also have MPC-HC installed). It works perfectly for most video files I throw at it, but most .avis don't seem to work.

Most XviD codec versions refuse to enable SVP, for example XviD 1.0.2 doesn't work for me, while XviD dev. version 2003 works on some files.

Is this a bug on my end or doesn't SVP(seems to be on the ffdshow side?) support all XviD versions?

Would like to remove Splash Pro player if I could get .avis in general working with SVP

Thank you!

Re: XviD (.avi troubles)

There's always only one question: is ffdshow in use while playing such files or not?

No it's not. Does that mean that I am out of luck or is there any way to get ffdshow to play these files?

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.

Thank you!

4 (edited by Fenoli 18-02-2012 23:10:17)

Oh, I just realized that I have the waiting for ffdshow thing.

EDIT: The FAQ and waiting for ffdshow thread didn't help much, as my problem is with .avi files only. Other filetypes work just fine.

I think it's the very same question as that one wink

6 (edited by Fenoli 19-02-2012 00:02:16)

Chainik wrote:

I think it's the very same question as that one wink

In my MPC-HC setting the DXVA-decoders were already unchecked.

However, I found a setting to add a custom filter in GOM-player, and it works now.

Thank you for your help anyway! I don't think I need MPC-HC since GOM works, but MPC-HC seemed to handle video file fps changes better. One video which didn't work in GOM worked in MPC-HC

EDIT: Got it working! Using MPC-HC for my video playback from now on. The filter default filter settings for me were bad. I disabled all the transformed filters and playback works now!

Fenoli
I found a setting to add a custom filter in GOM-player, and it works now
Great! smile

Thank you about report.