1 (edited by jcyxxx 24-11-2018 14:05:42)

Topic: It only works well in 1080p.

So my monitor is a 1080p monitor, and Svp4 pro is perfect if I watch 1080p videos.
But for 720p videros and others, it's only works in windowed mode.

I'm using potplayer+lav filter+madvr+xy-SubFilter, all the setups are here : https://vcb-s.com/archives/7228
My pc is 4710hq+1060+8g.

Can somebody tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Re: It only works well in 1080p.

> works in windowed mode
> potplayer
Press Ctrl-Enter / Alt-Enter to toggle Fullscreen mode

MAG79 wrote:

> works in windowed mode
> potplayer
Press Ctrl-Enter / Alt-Enter to toggle Fullscreen mode

I know how to toggle Fullscreen mode.....

1080P windowed mode ok. fullscreen mode ok.
720P or others windowed mode ok. fullscreen mode didn't work.

lower madvr scaling settings or switch to EVR-CP renderer with "bilinear" resizer
4710hq's IGP is too weak

lower madvr scaling settings or switch to EVR-CP renderer with "bilinear" resizer

No use...

4710hq's IGP is too weak

I'm using 1060 to run potplayer (set it in the Nvidia control panel), so I guess maybe is not IGP's fault?

It's weird...
As soon as I toggle fullscreen mode while watching a 720p video in windowed mode, this video suddenly just like I didn't use SVP.

> I'm using 1060 to run potplayer (set it in the Nvidia control panel), so I guess maybe is not IGP's fault?

It may not be so simple... there's a chance that IGP is _always_ used as a rendering device for video playback.

7 (edited by Dude500 25-11-2018 00:14:29)

Hi Jcyxxx, I've experienced this 'issue' too. Chainik I guess seems correct, but I'm not sure about the IGP either. The 4712HQ Intel IGP [or something?] sometimes seems to give me issues too. 850M Laptop>4k, no madVR, not powerful enough. Not to drive from backseat but Billinear MPC-HC-Output resizer is a good suggestion. That helped me a little bit when messing with MPC and resizing to 4k fullscreen, or at least a larger than before windowed playback.

I've found that mpv and vlc through the purchased version of SVP are smoother for me because if those have resizers they are tamer than MPC-HC's.
I'm going to wait to upgrade to an 8k-240hz SVP-MadVR machine. With a 1950X and a future processor you'd probably have enough. Consider trying others players through the purchased license of SVP while it's still on Black Friday offer this year. Again, mpv seems to have fixed the 'resizer-IGP' problem (I'm supposing resizing somehow administrates through the 4712HQ IGP). If Chainik has specific feedback on IGP resizing or other known issues I would appreciate a heads-up here if that's alright. : )

Thanks guys! My friends says the same thing.  They say 1080p video for 1080p monitor is the most efficient way. 720p need a lot more performance.
Looks like time to upgrade my machine...

Thanks again. You guys are awesome!