Topic: Cannot get it working on either MPCHC or VLC

Hey,
Someone mentioned this project, I thought I'd give it a try but I cannot get it to work. I setup MPC HC exactly as in the tutorial but the video doesn't look any smoother. I've also tried VLC, in which the "SVP in VLC" button doesn't work (it tells me it has no permissions even though I enabled the permissions to the video filter folder like in the tutorial) so I manually copied the libvapoursynth_plugin.dll.22 into the folder manually. I tried leaving it as that and also renaming to libdeinterlace_plugin (without the .22 of course) and nothing happens when I enable deinterlacing in VLC. Since the file was named .22 i assumed that meant VLC 2.2 and not 3.0 as in the forum post it said to use the 3.0 dll which does not exist.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, if someone could help that'd be great!

2 (edited by Dude500 22-11-2018 09:55:04)

Re: Cannot get it working on either MPCHC or VLC

The SVP logo should appear to dillineate that the movie is apparantly being played back at 60fps, or your TV/monitor's refresh rate? Press CTRL-J in MPC-HC as a movie or file is being played for usage statistics. You should see in real time see how many frames are played back and which GPU is being used by MPC-HC. I could only get SVP Free to work with 32bit mpc-hc

>  I setup MPC HC exactly as in the tutorial but the video doesn't look any smoother.

You're doing something wrong or just missing some error. Probably SVP's log may help wink

Dude500 wrote:

The SVP logo should appear to dillineate that the movie is apparantly being played back at 60fps, or your TV/monitor's refresh rate? Press CTRL-J in MPC-HC as a movie or file is being played for usage statistics. You should see in real time see how many frames are played back and which GPU is being used by MPC-HC. I could only get SVP Free to work with 32bit mpc-hc

There is no logo and nothing happens when I press CTRL+J

CTRL-J while playback is working on EVR CP and madVR renderers. It looks like you are using another renderer.
Check it in MPC-HC menu View - Options... - Playback - Output

Post's attachments

EVR_D3DFullscreen.png, 24.47 kb, 646 x 502
EVR_D3DFullscreen.png 24.47 kb, 313 downloads since 2018-11-22