Topic: Where is the gain in performance occured

I upgrade my htpc/gaming pc , i usually play bd rips 1080p upscale to 4k whit Madvr and Ngu High, my understand was that my old pc is enough to run this 60hz perfectly
Now running the new one is less artifact, is more pleasent experience, less artifacts. My cuestion is : as the title says "where is the gain in performance occured", someone can explain it , the i7 3770k fall short , or is the increase of memory or what .I know for sure is no placebo effect and the settings in svp is exactly the same.
Old
I7 3770k
Gtx 1070
16gb DDR3 1866
Windows 10 64bits

New
I7 8700k
Gtx 1070
16gb DDR4 3000
Windows 10 64bits

Thanks in advance!

Re: Where is the gain in performance occured

if "the settings in svp is exactly the same" then it's placebo

3 (edited by Drakko01 06-07-2018 02:27:56)

I saw some movies a thousand times, and i know when/where the artifacts are introduced, for that i am sure is not placebo effect , taking your answer as a fact , is leading me to think that the improvement is not on the svp side, so only for the need to know and gain knowledge, what you think may be, i dont think is madvr, being more gpu demanding than cpu .

What exactly is your question even?

From what I can understand, you have a new PC and it has fewer artifacts when using SVP? Or did I misunderstand here?

If I didn't misunderstand, what is the problem?

dejavecue wrote:

What exactly is your question even?

From what I can understand, you have a new PC and it has fewer artifacts when using SVP? Or did I misunderstand here?

If I didn't misunderstand, what is the problem?

Yes exactly that, it is not a problem, it is simply that according to the answer that Chainik gave me, and from what I read in the forum the previous PC should do the job without problem, now that if my question had been, I will see some improvement If I update my PC (obviously with the components already mentioned), what would be the answer.