Topic: Questions

Hello,
I was wondering if it was worth it to get a 144hz display to use SVP to play anime at 120fps. Sounds like a bad idea though.
Right now i have a Benq GL2250H monitor. I dont really game at all. Specially i dont play any FPS.
When you first run SVP it tests your system performance so i was thinking of upgrading from my 3570k 4.6mhz to a 8700k. That sounds pointless as well though
Can someone share his toughts on the matter?
thanks

Re: Questions

Yes with SVP Pro, but it's much better to set your monitor to 120hz. I have a 2500k@4Ghz and it runs well so you won't have to upgrade.

adamkex wrote:

Yes with SVP Pro, but it's much better to set your monitor to 120hz. I have a 2500k@4Ghz and it runs well so you won't have to upgrade.

Thanks for reply. Is it worth to trade good colors for a 144hz panel? Because i heard that 144hz displays dont have good colors

Check your monitor. It should be OC to 72 Hz with reduced settings (use search here)

5 (edited by dlr5668 03-06-2018 15:53:16)

del

dlr5668 wrote:

Check your monitor. It should be OC to 72 Hz with reduced settings (use search here)

Sry i dont understand what you mean

amadeok wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:

Sry i dont understand what you mean

Overclock your refresh rate to 72hz (24x3). Nice middle ground imo

https://imgur.com/h99fdZY.png

amadeok wrote:
adamkex wrote:

Thanks for reply. Is it worth to trade good colors for a 144hz panel? Because i heard that 144hz displays dont have good colors

I didn't get my 144hz panel for SVP. It's worth it for me because of my other use cases and I like how smooth everything is. There are computer stores where in which you can test 144hz panels. For the colours I just use nvidia to calibrate so I get the colours I like. I don't think it's necessarily worth it if you only intend to use it for SVP.

So is 72hz is better than 60? What would be the ideal refresh rate? (excluding 144hz)

x2,x3,x4,x5 (you got idea) FPS are all good

11 (edited by amadeok 04-06-2018 07:10:55)

dlr5668 wrote:

x2,x3,x4,x5 (you got idea) FPS are all good

Sry i'm not quite sure what you mean. But anyways, do you think that interpolating to 120hz is really worth it? I watch almost only anime