1 (edited by Danmandingo 30-05-2018 02:33:45)

Topic: Updated SVP And Now Nothing Works

Greetings SVP,

Sorry to bother you with this.

I purchased a license probably 6 months ago, and haven't updated the program since then. After about several update notices, I decided to update the program.

Now that I've installed all of the updates, it seems I cannot get increased frame rate playback via MPC-HC.

My profile that I created is still within the program, but it no longer seems to activate.

What is MOST concerning of all, is that I cannot get any videos to be transcoded at all any more.

Every time the transcoding fails, the log says "mpv exited with code -1073741511"

Re: Updated SVP And Now Nothing Works

>  I cannot get increased frame rate playback via MPC-HC.

Do you see ffdshow filter in the list of active filters?

> Every time the transcoding fails, the log says "mpv exited with code -1073741511"

With every source file or just a particular one?
It fails instantly or after some time?

Chainik wrote:

>  I cannot get increased frame rate playback via MPC-HC.

Do you see ffdshow filter in the list of active filters?

> Every time the transcoding fails, the log says "mpv exited with code -1073741511"

With every source file or just a particular one?
It fails instantly or after some time?

Yes sir,

In the list of active filers are:
ffdshow raw filter
ffdshow Video Decoder
LAV Video Decoder

The fail code that it shows, seems to be the same every time regardless of the video I'm trying to transcode.

And yes the fail happens as soon as it begins transcoding.

I only updated the software, because the version I had was several versions behind.

1. You don't need both "ffdshow raw filter" and "ffdshow Video Decoder" in the list. Remove "video decoder" and leave only "raw filter".
What's in the SVP's log after starting a playback?

2. mpv - can you run SVP 4/mpv64/mpv.exe manually? does it work?

Chainik wrote:

1. You don't need both "ffdshow raw filter" and "ffdshow Video Decoder" in the list. Remove "video decoder" and leave only "raw filter".
What's in the SVP's log after starting a playback?

2. mpv - can you run SVP 4/mpv64/mpv.exe manually? does it work?

1: Alright. The "Ffdshow Video Decoder" filter was removed from the list.

2: I just attempted to open the MPV application manually, it stated "The procedure entry point  ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

1. So, what do you see in SVP's Events log?

2. There's some mess in your system environment. Try to manually re-install 64-bit versions of VC++ 2015 runtime - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=53587

Chainik wrote:

1. So, what do you see in SVP's Events log?

2. There's some mess in your system environment. Try to manually re-install 64-bit versions of VC++ 2015 runtime - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=53587

1: Here is a screenshot of the events log that I have just taken.

2: I have just re-installed the 64-bit version of VC++2015 Runtime, as per your link/instruction.

Post's attachments

svp.png, 68.42 kb, 512 x 578
svp.png 68.42 kb, 421 downloads since 2018-05-30 

SVP is disabled because transcoding is not finished - you need to press a button in transcoder window.

Chainik wrote:

SVP is disabled because transcoding is not finished - you need to press a button in transcoder window.

You say I need to press a button in the transcoder window?

Here is a screenshot of what I see, whenever I hit the START button.
(My apologies for the late response)

Post's attachments

Attempt.jpg 405.13 kb, 134 downloads since 2018-05-31 

Post's attachments

button.png, 344.18 kb, 511 x 662
button.png 344.18 kb, 395 downloads since 2018-05-31 

Chainik wrote:

OK I clicked on that green check mark, and it simply went back to where it asks me to load a file.

Post's attachments

Attempt2.jpg 307.21 kb, 137 downloads since 2018-05-31 

Man, do you see the SVP icon is gray? Do you see the line "SVP is disabled" in the log?
This's why you "cannot get increased frame rate playback via MPC-HC".

Chainik wrote:

Man, do you see the SVP icon is gray? Do you see the line "SVP is disabled" in the log?
This's why you "cannot get increased frame rate playback via MPC-HC".

Yes I see it. And I'm sorry if this problem is annoying. Believe me, it's troubling & puzzling to me at the same time.

The icon will be gray, until I click the green check mark.

Once I hit it, the icons color fills in, allowing me to use MPC-HC with the settings I've created. (Thank you for that). But if I try to use the transcoder, the icon goes gray again.

It just stays at 0%

Post's attachments

Attempt3.png 434.93 kb, 135 downloads since 2018-05-31 

SVP is disabled while transcoding is running. This's by design.

I can't tell why mpv.exe gives "The procedure entry point  ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" error for you. "api-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" is a part of VC++ runtime, which indicates something is broken in your system, and it's NOT SVP's fault. You probably need to update your system via Windows Update.

Chainik wrote:

SVP is disabled while transcoding is running. This's by design.

I can't tell why mpv.exe gives "The procedure entry point  ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" error for you. "api-ms-win-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" is a part of VC++ runtime, which indicates something is broken in your system, and it's NOT SVP's fault. You probably need to update your system via Windows Update.

Very well,

I do thank you for your time. I did reinstall that VC++ runtime, that you linked me to the other day.

It will forever be a mystery to me, that the transcoder doesn't seem to want to work with my SVP, but other programs like AVC rendering a file doesn't seem to encounter any issue.

At the very least, I am grateful that MPC-HC is up and running again.

You can try to replace mpv.exe with the "official" build from there - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-pl … les/64bit/
But I doubt it'll run either.

Chainik wrote:

You can try to replace mpv.exe with the "official" build from there - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-pl … les/64bit/
But I doubt it'll run either.

You are correct, it did not alleviate the issue with the transcoding failing.

But something did change however. Instead of failing instantly, it seemed to hang for a couple of seconds at the 0% mark, and then it said that the transcoding failed.

Here is a question that perhaps you may quickly know the solution to. Now that MPC-HC is up and running again, I've noticed that some videos seem skip drastically, while others don't seem to suffer from this at all.

Any idea which setting may be the culprit?

There was just a Windows 10 update and now the shit doesnt work anymore. With MPC it says in yellow on top:

"SVSmoothFps: unable to init GPU-based renderer [code 0xFF] C:\Users........\SVP4\scripts\160cd4.avs, line 44)

What now, you updating the good stuff?

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/FAQ#Error … d_renderer

Ok god bless you its working again smile