Topic: Recode UHD HDR Files

Hello,

i have recoded a file from UHD bluray with HDR. The recoded file is missing the HDR information and the picture is missing saturation and colour. Is it possible to keep HDR while recoding?

Re: Recode UHD HDR Files

How it is related to SVP?

its a function of the program, thats why i am asking. i cannot find any transcoding options for this.

I'm afraid nobody here knows the answer hmm It's a dark ffmpeg magic behind the reencoding process.
Probably it's just a question of one missing ffmpeg option... and I have no idea which one is missing.

5 (edited by brucethemoose 17-02-2018 00:26:30)

I haven't been keeping track of ffmpeg lately, but HDR support is wonky and WIP pretty much everywhere.

Seems like alot of the devs don't have appropriate displays to test with. And most "HDR" displays really aren't ready for HDR stuff TBH.

Ok thanks for the information, so far SDR content works perfectly

I know that this post a little bit old, but is it possible for devs to fix this? This option is very important for me

When I play MKVs or MP4s via MPV then SVP is working. When I play MOV or MXF files its not working. Isnt there a way to activate SVP somehow with mov or mxf files? Those are the output files for high quality 4k HDR10 stuff from Premiere Pro

> When I play MOV or MXF files its not working
If you open log you will see the cause. Just playback MOV or MXF and go to SVP menu - Information - Events log

10 (edited by Godmax 21-08-2018 11:00:07)

Ok the problem was it is ignoring the clip if its too short big_smile Is there a way to change that so it works with like 5 seconds clips?

main.setup.min_duration = 0

God bless you

I just purchased the pro version and have started testing playback on my machine, with mpc-hc, lav video, the avisynth directshow filter.

I have noticed some of my files also require me to set the minimum duration to 0 even though they are full length Movies. I have been playing the bond movie, 'The World Is Not Enough'. It reports.

Playback: ignoring too short clip (3 secs)

Are there any logs I could send to see why this is required. Setting min duration to 0 is fine for me, just; I'm wondering that others may also be affected.

> The World Is Not Enough

if it's a torrent you could give a link

Its a blu-ray that I ripped onto my hard drive, its an m2ts/index.bdmv etc. Playing via the index or m2ts file both show the fact that its too short. Perhaps its some issue with the MediaInfo of the file, or how does SVP determine the length. I can check those details locally and share.