Topic: SVP Free breaks script

Hi.  I was about to run a script based on one of a handful of templates (skeletons) I made last year for several categories of video structures.  Many of them start with:

# Requires AviSynth 2.6MT (using 2.6.0.5MT)
# 9/11/2015 switched to avisynth.2.5.8.6.MT.svp.dll
# 10/17/2016 switched to 2.6, alleged to be MT (2.5.8 dropped everywhere)
SetMemoryMax(1024)
global svp_scheduler=true
global threads=4
global svp_cache_fwd=threads+10

SetMTMode(3,threads)

This has been working fine for at least a couple years (heavy season Sep-Dec each year).  Actually, I'm trying to phase out Avisynth scripts.  But there is a need sometimes.

Recently, I finally got SVP4 Free, never having used SVP outside of InterFrame, etc.  Yes, it run great.  I got with it the MPC player.  It's SO cool to see "instant" 60fps!

But today is the first time I've tried to run a "tried and true" skeleton script, and I got this message from Virtualdub:

Script error:  There is no function named 'SetMTMode'.
(... line 9)

What did installing SVP Free do to damage my Avisynth environment???  And please tell what I can do to get it back AND still keep SVP Free playing fine.

Also, at the end of each script, I have these lines.  Will that blow up too??

SetMTMode(2)
InterFrame(Cores=threads,Tuning="Film",GPU=true)

2 (edited by dlr5668 03-10-2017 06:22:06)

Re: SVP Free breaks script

Well u could copy paste svp script and start from there
Get it from %appdata%\SVP4\scripts

And u can use seach btw https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174614

SVP installs Avisynth+ instead of Avisynth, which has different syntax for MT stuff
You can either put Avisynth 2.6 MT dll into VirtualDub's folder OR replace the dll in the System32 folder

Chainik wrote:

SVP installs Avisynth+ instead of Avisynth, which has different syntax for MT stuff
You can either put Avisynth 2.6 MT dll into VirtualDub's folder OR replace the dll in the System32 folder

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

5 (edited by James D 03-10-2017 12:03:59)

dlr5668 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

I am pretty sure that some companies bankrupted in the past after using this principle in the wrong way for managing support forum.

Chainik wrote:

I'd rather find out about what this "Avisynth+" is and use a new syntax, rather than propagate archaic tools.  The code to replace is very small plus I don't need to revisit any of the old scripts.