1 (edited by yesbah 05-08-2017 01:29:47)

Topic: Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Help needed.

So I downloaded SVP last night with my desired video player to be MPC-HC and I can't seem to get SVP to detect the videos. When I play the video it just plays out normally. I've followed a few youtube guides and had no success. The setup from what I can see is quite simple so I'm not really sure what the issue is. My video card isn't god awful so I'm pretty sure thats not the issue.

I noticed in youtube videos that something pops up in the lower left corner of the video player indicating that SVP is adjusting the FPS. That doesn't happen at all regardless of what video I try to play.

There may be so obvious reason for my problem,  that's why I'm posting here.

I've also tried multiple file types and video types(movie, show, animation, etc.)

EDIT: It also says "No active playback" on the SVP control panel.

EDIT 2: Event log comes up with an error that says "failed to determine Avisynth version"

Re: Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Help needed.

Are you using MPC-HC 32bit which comes with SVP?

Check MPC-HC
View > Options > External Filters
Make sure ffdshow raw is added and set to Prefer
http://i.imgur.com/XyEgMFg.png

Anim8 wrote:

Are you using MPC-HC 32bit which comes with SVP?

Check MPC-HC
View > Options > External Filters
Make sure ffdshow raw is added and set to Prefer
http://i.imgur.com/XyEgMFg.png

I am using MPC-HC 32bit that came with it.

ffdshow raw is added and set to prefer like the instructions said on wiki.

Does that error message indicate anything important?

yesbah wrote:

Event log comes up with an error that says "failed to determine Avisynth version"

You need to delete avisynth.dll file from MPC-HC folder. Looks like it is wrong version of avisynth.

5 (edited by yesbah 06-08-2017 00:02:24)

MAG79 wrote:
yesbah wrote:

Event log comes up with an error that says "failed to determine Avisynth version"

You need to delete avisynth.dll file from MPC-HC folder. Looks like it is wrong version of avisynth.

Okay this is really weird. There is no avisynth.dll file in the folder, which is most likely why it's failing to determine the version altogether. Ill uninstall everything and reinstall to see if it fixes things.

EDIT: Just realized that Avisynth has it's own folder called 'AviSynth+'

EDIT 2: Just manually downloaded avisynth.dll and everything is working now, with massive fps increases! Cheers.