1 (edited by Kondekka 25-07-2017 14:25:46)

Topic: Coverting videos to 60 FPS using SVP?

As the title suggests, is it possible to convert videos to 60 fps?
I've been playing with the idea of doing it for a while and found some guides on the interwebs, but they all seem very complicated to do.
If there's any easier methods, or a way to use SVP on converting content I'll be more than happy to hear it!
And yeah I know this might not be the right place to ask this since this is seemingly the only english part of the forums, sadly.
Thanks in advance.
-Kondekka
*Edit; Just to be clear, I looking a way to render videos to 60fps, so that they could be shared as is (60 fps) basically converting content to 60fps permanently not on the fly, as SVP does.

Re: Coverting videos to 60 FPS using SVP?

Hey just registered to tell you that I made a guide on steam for wallpaper engine for interpolation that uses svpflow. Hope that helps you.

So here ya go: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =932211038

Thanks buddy! I'll check that out.

I tried it last night and ran into some trouble, planning on trying again today later on. Thanks for the guide Vulturret.
The Staxrip was throwing error's at me every turn. "Failed to open source, try another source filter?" - "Cannot load a 32bit DLL in 64bit Avisynth." However I have 64bit Avisynth, because I've been using MPC-HC 64 bit and aswell as 32bit version of MPC-HC and everything has worked fine.
So there's some more to do I guess, I'll be looking around for solution, help is always appreciated!

Kondekka wrote:

I tried it last night and ran into some trouble, planning on trying again today later on. Thanks for the guide Vulturret.
The Staxrip was throwing error's at me every turn. "Failed to open source, try another source filter?" - "Cannot load a 32bit DLL in 64bit Avisynth." However I have 64bit Avisynth, because I've been using MPC-HC 64 bit and aswell as 32bit version of MPC-HC and everything has worked fine.
So there's some more to do I guess, I'll be looking around for solution, help is always appreciated!

Well if you are using 32 bit staxrip install 32 bit stuff and vice versa

StaxRip had 32bit version but it's discontinued and all DL links are down.
It is quite odd that everyhting I've done in the guide should be correct. My plugins are 64bit versions and aswell StaxRip is 64bit.
Something I'm missing here?

Oh, right last time I used it about 6m ago

dlr5668 wrote:

Oh, right last time I used it about 6m ago

So my guess is my guide worked for you? And Kondekka I don't really know for sure what is the problem.

Vulturret wrote:

So my guess is my guide worked for you?

almost http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3244

dlr5668 wrote:
Vulturret wrote:

So my guess is my guide worked for you?

almost http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3244

Oh haha your are THAT guy. Yeah I remember reading your thread and that lead to my guide later when I used wallpaper engine and the lack of high quality 60fps stuff.

11 (edited by Kondekka 27-07-2017 20:44:22)

Thanks both, Vulturret and dlr5668 for the guides, however I'm still getting error that I have 32bit plugins, despite the fact that everything I've downloaded have been 64bit packages, and I'm running out of ideas and motivation hmm
EDIT; I un-installed everything, not it seems to work and won't complain about 32bit plugins! Now it gives script error (syntax error).
I'll look into this tomorrow some more.

Kondekka wrote:

Thanks both, Vulturret and dlr5668 for the guides, however I'm still getting error that I have 32bit plugins, despite the fact that everything I've downloaded have been 64bit packages, and I'm running out of ideas and motivation hmm
EDIT; I un-installed everything, not it seems to work and won't complain about 32bit plugins! Now it gives script error (syntax error).

So I just overfly my guide and noticed that there was a bit code missing in the creating templates part... I fixed it now. I think that was the problem.

13 (edited by Kondekka 28-07-2017 17:15:03)

Vulturret wrote:
Kondekka wrote:

So I just overfly my guide and noticed that there was a bit code missing in the creating templates part... I fixed it now. I think that was the problem.

Thanks for looking into it but I'm still getting script errors. This software seems great but the setup process isn't something I would recommend to people suffering from anger issues big_smile
I'd like to get this solved since I would have use for this software, so i'll keep trying for awhile but ain't gonna do much anymore, I've already spent hours into this and nothing have gone out of it.
+ My SVP 4 doesn't have any scripts in the %appdata% directory, I don't know how it generates them but I'd think it should be automated.

14 (edited by Kondekka 28-07-2017 17:25:54)

https://cdn.i-g.me/9e38/3ac/zbnq06eu6bl6bhp/Untitled.png
That's the error that I get.

Should we declare this thread dead or is there still someone who could help?

16 (edited by dlr5668 29-07-2017 16:55:55)

Kondekka wrote:

post full script at least. No telepats here

dlr5668 wrote:
Kondekka wrote:

post full script at least. No telepats here

Ehem, where can I find this script?
Is it this one;

clip = core.ffms2.Source(r"C:\Users\ihmin\Desktop\j.mp4", cachefile = r"C:\Users\ihmin\Desktop\j_temp\j.ffindex")
core = vs.get_core(threads=4)

clip = clip.resize.Bicubic(format=vs.YUV420P8)

crop_string  = ""
resize_string = ""
super_params     = "{pel:1,scale:{up:0},gpu:1,full:false,rc:true}"
analyse_params   = "{block:{w:32},main:{search:{coarse:{type:2,distance:-6,bad:{sad:2000}},type:2}},refine:[{thsad:4000}]}"
smoothfps_params = "{gpuid:11,rate:{num:5,den:2},algo:23,mask:{area:50,cover:80},scene:{mode:0}}"

def interpolate(clip):
    input = clip
    if crop_string!='':
        input = eval(crop_string)
    if resize_string!='':
        input = eval(resize_string)

super   = core.svp1.Super(input,super_params)
    vectors = core.svp1.Analyse(super["clip"],super["data"],input,analyse_params)
    smooth  = core.svp2.SmoothFps(input,super["clip"],super["data"],vectors["clip"],vectors["data"],smoothfps_params,src=clip)
    smooth  = core.std.AssumeFPS(smooth,fpsnum=smooth.fps_num,fpsden=smooth.fps_den)
    return smooth

smooth =  interpolate(clip)

smooth.set_output()

Thanks for the reply!

Hello! I've followed the instructions and I'm getting an error http://i.imgur.com/4xi2H1F.png. What can I do?

StaxRip does not support portable version VapourSynth and Python. You should have to install them both.

megabitus wrote:

Hello! I've followed the instructions and I'm getting an error http://i.imgur.com/4xi2H1F.png. What can I do?

Yup, getting those errors no matter what I do, or so it seems. A standalone client for converting videos would be nice I would definetly pay for such a program.
I might fiddle with staxrip later on, it just seems that I can't get it to work.

Kondekka wrote:

Yup, getting those errors no matter what I do, or so it seems. A standalone client for converting videos would be nice I would definetly pay for such a program.
I might fiddle with staxrip later on, it just seems that I can't get it to work.

This error is due to staxrip does not support portable vapoursynth and python, try install them!

cherokee wrote:
Kondekka wrote:

This error is due to staxrip does not support portable vapoursynth and python, try install them!

Alright, I'll try it once my I get better in the next couple of days. I'll re-install everything right down to the note and see if it makes any changes.

23 (edited by dlr5668 19-08-2017 08:47:27)

For converting you should use https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174793

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6d6hrG66itY/WZf6rE3mPwI/AAAAAAAASJY/zL89FO0opusYtsa5sl5RGXTHm8XMLaJRwCHMYCw/s0/StaxRip_2017-08-19_11-45-27.png

It has better artifact masking. Speed wise its garbage tho

dlr5668 wrote:

For converting you should use https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174793

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6d6hrG66itY/WZf6rE3mPwI/AAAAAAAASJY/zL89FO0opusYtsa5sl5RGXTHm8XMLaJRwCHMYCw/s0/StaxRip_2017-08-19_11-45-27.png

It has better artifact masking. Speed wise its garbage tho

How did you manage to achieve acceptable performance? It gets me around 5 fps encoding rate (without interpolation its 150 fps!). It doen't uses all of CPU or GPU.

25 (edited by Godmax 14-11-2017 23:12:05)

Kondekka wrote:

I also installed SVP Pro and let it install the MPC 64 bit version. When running MPC it says in yellow: "Cannot load a 32bit DLL in 64bit Avisynth." What can I do here so MPC works?

Edit: Ok just deleted the Avisynth folder shit and it works now!