1 (edited by Zachk 24-05-2017 21:35:45)

Topic: When disabling Automatic options selection, svp takes up all my CPU?

So I had some custom settings that I was going to mess around with in the option selection panel, but the moment I disabled it, and it showed the settings; SVP started taking up 100% of my CPU. It ends up freezing my video all together, but the audio plays fine. The moment I changed "Frames interpolation mode" from adaptive to 2m, my CPU usage goes from 100% to 30-40%; and the video started playing fine again. I don't know what else to change to make sure that my system can actually handle these settings, but I have no idea how to even go about fixing this other than changing the aforementioned setting, which I'm guessing isn't the best idea to change out of the bunch.

Here are my custom settings in SVP, along with the performance monitor.

If there's any way any of you guys could help me get this set up properly, that'd be amazing.

My specs are :

Intel i3-2120 3.3 ghz quad core
Nvidia GTX 750
16 gb DDR3 ram
1080x1024 60hz Samsung monitor

Thank you!

EDIT: Changing SVP shader from Standard to Sharp (anime) or Fastest lets me keep the 'Adaptive' option on frames interpolation mode on as well. Man, I really wish I knew what I was doing.

EDIT 2: I've tried disabling artifacts masking, and changed the SVP shader + frames interpolation to both Standard and adaptive. It seemed to work, along with making it run at maybe 5% of my cpu load; but after awhile of playing, the video will freeze and the audio will be fine. Then all of the sudden, the video will "fast forward" to the current time it was at and catch up the audio. It seems to fix itself if I seek around the video and play it again.

EDIT 2.5: So the 'pausing' happens the moment there's a lot of movement in the frames; and my CPU shoots back up to 100%. Welp..

EDIT 3: Disabling 'weak' artifacts masking while having my SVP shader on Sharp lowers the CPU usage from 70-90% to 50-80%.

EDIT 4 : So even with my interpolation mode set to adaptive, svp shader turned to sharp, and artifacts masking set to disabled; after a couple minutes of playing, the video will freeze and the audio will continue playing like it had previously except that the video will never catch up. The problem doesn't seem to occur when it's not in full screen mode. I have the interface disabled too.