1 (edited by Flokke 25-04-2017 18:13:51)

Topic: Bought SVP 4 Pro and Installed it everything works but MadVR(Resolved)

So I bought SVP 4 Pro today was testing it out and I can't seem to open up the settings for MadVR though I know it's working as it shows the MadVR overlay on Cntrl+J click.  When I right click in video i see MadVR but when i click on it and then press edit settings nothing happens and when i click show tray icon nothing happens.  Also not sure if this is cause for concern or not but when i first installed SVP right before the performance test it said i was using OpenCL 1.2 and that it was known to cause freezes and crashing...?

Re: Bought SVP 4 Pro and Installed it everything works but MadVR(Resolved)

> when i first installed SVP right before the performance test it said i was using OpenCL 1.2 and that it was known to cause freezes and crashing...?

it's a warning message about that
probably a little bit outdated now hmm

Chainik wrote:

> when i first installed SVP right before the performance test it said i was using OpenCL 1.2 and that it was known to cause freezes and crashing...?

it's a warning message about that
probably a little bit outdated now hmm

So essentially nothing to worry about since I do DXVA Copy-back anyway.  Any idea why i can't open the madVR control panel? There is a process running in my process tab for it but i can't see it at all.

Flokke wrote:

Any idea why i can't open the madVR control panel? There is a process running in my process tab for it but i can't see it at all.

Did you unlock madHcCtrl application?

How do I do that exactly because I don't see that option in any of the stuff that i looked through

6 (edited by Leondre 22-04-2017 00:35:35)

This is also happening for me. Not sure when it started, likely in the last few weeks, but I no longer have a tray icon for madvr and if I bring up the madvr properties window via the ffdshow tray icon and click either 'edit settings' or 'show tray icon' simply nothing happens. And the more videos I play the more madHcCtrl.exe processes are spawned.

I have tried manually uninstalling and reinstalling madvr with the latest version, same issue persists. Not seeing anything related to this on the madvr forum thread either.

7 (edited by Leondre 22-04-2017 22:13:18)

Alright not sure if it is the same issue as you are having but I managed to get madvr to work on my end without any of the issues in my prev post. I ran the uninstall .bat, copied the madvr folder elsewhere eg C:\madvr, and then ran the install .bat and the madvr icon once again showed up during playback. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling from the svp dir was not enough for whatever reason. After that I uninstalled it again from C:\madvr and I was able to go back to the svp directory and install madvr again and have it work from the default location.

Leondre wrote:

Alright not sure if it is the same issue as you are having but I managed to get madvr to work on my end without any of the issues in my prev post. I ran the uninstall .bat, copied the madvr folder elsewhere eg C:\madvr, and then ran the install .bat and the madvr icon once again showed up during playback. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling from the svp dir was not enough for whatever reason. After that I uninstalled it again from C:\madvr and I was able to go back to the svp directory and install madvr again and have it work from the default location.

Tried this moving to C:/ and even my C:/user/documents folder with no prevail so I am just assuming that it's completely broken i'm going to do a windows refresh as there are other things that aren't working properly atm so maybe a windows refresh and installing it outside of svp before i go to install SVP will cause it to work properly.

I finally had time to go through each and every service and startup program to see if something was causing conflict turns out Nahamic newest release of their software conflicts with MadVR after disabling the program my MadVR works once more.