Topic: Not entirely svp related but need help to install madvr for 4k hdr.

So, i got a 4k hdr video, but to get the full quality, i need madvr codec to get it to show the black levels correct. But when i try to install it, i get this

Installation succeeded.

Please do not delete the madVR folder.
   The installer has not copied the files anywhere.

Copied the fodler to program files (x86) and ran the installer as admin as the readme said. Didn't work.

Nor do mpc hc want to play the video at all. I press play, but nothing happens even tho it says it's playing.

Re: Not entirely svp related but need help to install madvr for 4k hdr.

Have you instead tried installing madVR via SVP's "Additional programs and features"?

Yeah, found it already was installed, was just a bit tricky to find it'¨s settings. But doesn't help me that the 4k hdr movie causes mpc hc to crash instantly on playing.

Duckers wrote:

Yeah, found it already was installed, was just a bit tricky to find it'¨s settings. But doesn't help me that the 4k hdr movie causes mpc hc to crash instantly on playing.

It seems that it doesn't matter to MadVR but ffdshow raw filter. I also encountered the same problem while playing 4K HDR movie with SVP. If ffdshow filter is switched off in MPC-HC, the crash error won't happen.