Topic: SVP stopped working after upgrading Windows 10 to the Creators Update

After upgrading to the Windows 10 build 15063.13 SVP stopped to work in all players (MPC-HC, PotPlayer, mpv).
In PotPlayer and MPC-HC I see the following error message:

SVSmoothFPS: unable to init GPU-based renderer [code 0xFF](C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\1b19fe.avs, line 42)(C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\1b19fe.avs, line 3)

The name of the avs file seems to be random and I am currently on the Nvidia driver 381.65.

Are there any already known issues with the Windows 10 Creators Update?

Re: SVP stopped working after upgrading Windows 10 to the Creators Update

as usual - reinstall video drivers manually

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LYEsJVpsIu0/WOft88E4niI/AAAAAAAAPL0/JNMTygXzvac/s0/winver_2017-04-07_22-52-16.png

Everything is great big_smile

I have no issues running the Creators Update since yesterday. The first thing I done after updating was use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove all the drivers, and install the latest drivers from nVidia. I am planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update, but too lazy right now, might do it in a week or so.

I have a problem related to the creators update as well. SVP4 and MPC-HC works just fine at 60hz., i am able to alt+enter for full screen just fine but as soon as i set a custom rez of 96hz when i hit alt+enter its a black screen. i have used DDU and reinstalled the drivers multiple times.

If you're running MSI Afterburner and RSS, run RSS, add MPC in it, and choose NONE for detection.

Blackfyre wrote:

If you're running MSI Afterburner and RSS, run RSS, add MPC in it, and choose NONE for detection.

Unfortunately that didn't work any other suggestions?

Chainik wrote:

as usual - reinstall video drivers manually

This solved the issue. Thanks! smile

Blackfyre wrote:

i figured it out, it was MadVR "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode". Turn it off and all is well

dir_d wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

i figured it out, it was MadVR "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode". Turn it off and all is well

Well you shouldn't be having this problem with it enabled. So I recommend you figure out what's causing the issue for it to crash with full-screen mode enabled. Does it happen only with Madvr using full screen?