1 (edited by Jarvmeister 21-03-2017 07:54:48)

Topic: Skipped frame every 1 second

I'm using SVP 4 Pro.

Can someone post their reclock/svp settings for playing a 23.976fps movie to a 60hz refresh rate screen please?

I can get smooth playback to a 50hz screen, but want a little more fluidity. At 60hz I get a judder every 1 second, other than that it's very smooth, but obviously unacceptable at its current setting. Reclock icon goes green to indicate a correct conversion, but something is amiss somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Skipped frame every 1 second

Just seen a similar thread from a few days ago regarding D3D. Will enable and update the thread this evening if it works.

At 60hz I get a judder every 1 second

Looks like your video mode 59.94 Hz was detected as 59.00 Hz.
Check what you see in Information - Evens log.
You can attach the log here.

4 (edited by Jarvmeister 22-03-2017 10:15:33)

Hi, just to update this was resolved by this ticking the D3D setting, although this reduces functionality within MPC-HC it's not ideal but for now I can get it to work.

Next I have a reclock related question, and I know reclock is developed by Slysoft but thought someone here would almost certainly know the answer:

Now when I play a 23.976fps movie thats reclocked to 30fps so it'll play smoothly @ 60fps via SVP and my TV at 60hz the sound is adapted but the movie plays fast. 1 minute of footage is played in 48 seconds, and PAL speed down is greyed out.  I read somewhere else in this forum, although can't find the post now, that the best way to achieve an acceptable slowdown is to speed up the footage to something like 62 fps. Can someone tell me what I should be doing here and where to find the settings?

I'm sure most people are playing 23.976 @ 60hz, so assume this is often asked and resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Can you attach a screenshot of your ReClock window when you are playing 23.976 movie, reclocked to 30 fps?

6 (edited by Jarvmeister 22-03-2017 15:45:12)

Sure, attached as requested.

http://imgur.com/a/ZgvOZ

I see stretch x1.25 at the screenshot. It is +25% of speed. It is too fast. Recommended value is +4% max.
Try to switch your TV to 50 Hz mode and use ReClock to speedup video from 23.976 to 25 fps.