1 (edited by ckychris 28-02-2017 12:21:56)

Topic: Full screen 1s shutter fix jitter madvr

Issue
Full screen mode playback shutter for every 1s.

Observation

• Decoder FPS will peak every second (ffshow OSD)
    example: 59~61 -> 186(a split moment) -> 59~61

• Window mode is not affected. Exclusive mode, different output or disable SVP will not fix it.

Fix
Madvr Dx9 with backbuffer 3

To be flank I think that is the LAV video decoder problem. But both Hardware/copy-back/native/GPU acceleration mode has the same issue.

Re: Full screen 1s shutter fix jitter madvr

ckychris wrote:

Issue

Observation

• Window mode is not affected. Exclusive mode, different output or disable SVP will not fix it.

Fix
Temp fix: keep video player open (MPCHC) and click taskbar's show hidden icons area to trigger an event. Video will be free of lag for it's entire duration.

To be flank I think that is the LAV video decoder problem. But both Hardware/copy-back/native/GPU acceleration mode has the same issue.

This might be the problem I am experiencing. Could you please give me instructions on how to do it?

I am using Poplayer btw.

Thanks! big_smile

Re: Full screen 1s shutter fix jitter madvr

TayyabKhalid wrote:
ckychris wrote:

Issue

Observation

Fix
Temp fix: keep video player open (MPCHC) and click taskbar's show hidden icons area to trigger an event. Video will be free of lag for it's entire duration.

This might be the problem I am experiencing. Could you please give me instructions on how to do it?

I am using Poplayer btw.

Thanks! big_smile

Sure. Open a video in windowed, then click at the "^" icon at the bottom right (window taskbar), you should see the hidden icons. Now head back to the video, then the decoder will not shutter anymore!