1 (edited by lilipeipei 13-01-2017 03:14:15)

Topic: SVP 4 Mac with MPV 0.23.0, SVP index shows N/A

I have used MPV for long time, while SVP is just bought.

After setting up with SVP, the video playback looks normally without any SVP mark on left bottom, and the SVP index in performance monitor shows N/A. But the left bottom of SVP control panel shows Automatic, which shows it's working. And events log shows this playback has been played at 59.94 [23.976 *5/2].

I'm not sure is SVP working normally, and reinstalling SVP/MPV doesn't solve the SVP index monitoring problem.

Any mac user has the same problem?

Re: SVP 4 Mac with MPV 0.23.0, SVP index shows N/A

Perhaps your mpv 0.23.0 without Vapoursynth support (details)?
How did you install it?

P.S. If you see moved orange line in mpv while video playback by pressing Ctrl-Cmd-T then mpv with Vapoursynth support and SVP is working wink

MAG79 wrote:

Perhaps your mpv 0.23.0 without Vapoursynth support (details)?
How did you install it?

P.S. If you see moved orange line in mpv while video playback by pressing Ctrl-Cmd-T then mpv with Vapoursynth support and SVP is working wink

I installed MPV with 'brew install --with-vapoursynth --with-bundle mpv' in terminal. And if I input 'brew install vapoursynth' in terminal now, it shows 'vapoursynth-35_1 already installed'.

I didn't see any orange line while playing video in MPV, Ctrl-Cmd-T doesn't work.

do you see any errors in SVP's log?

next step is to turn on mpv's logging via "log-file" option to see if there any errors from mpv's point of view

do you have default Python installation cause there were some problems with Anaconda installed?

5 (edited by lilipeipei 13-01-2017 11:20:17)

Chainik wrote:

do you see any errors in SVP's log?

next step is to turn on mpv's logging via "log-file" option to see if there any errors from mpv's point of view

do you have default Python installation cause there were some problems with Anaconda installed?

There is no error log in SVP events log, but I just found this error log in mpv.log:

===

Invalid value for option hwdec: auto-copyinput-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket
Valid values are:
    no
    auto
    yes
    auto-copy
    vdpau
    vdpau-copy
    videotoolbox
    videotoolbox-copy
    vaapi
    vaapi-copy
    dxva2
    dxva2-copy
    d3d11va
    d3d11va-copy
    rpi
    rpi-copy
    mediacodec
    cuda
    cuda-copy
    crystalhd
Error parsing option hwdec (option could not be parsed)
/Users/lipeiyu/.config/mpv/mpv.conf:3: setting option hwdec='auto-copyinput-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket' failed.

===

And I have installed Python on my computer, with Pycharm.

fix your mpv.conf!

hwdec=auto-copy
input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket

Chainik wrote:

fix your mpv.conf!

hwdec=auto-copy
input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket

http://i.imgur.com/IKeZQ9I.png

I fixed my mpv.conf to this, but the problem still exists.

Are you maybe using windows line endings because mpv apparently doesn't see this new line.

yep, cause "setting option hwdec='auto-copyinput-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket'" is NOT cool at all

Chainik wrote:

yep, cause "setting option hwdec='auto-copyinput-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket'" is NOT cool at all

So I have fixed the mpv.conf as above, is that right? But the problem still exists, SVP index still shows N/A, and there is no SVP mark when video start.

... and mpv's log now says ... what?

Chainik wrote:

... and mpv's log now says ... what?

It seems there is no new log now.