1 (edited by hoover1979 10-01-2017 20:58:33)

Topic: FFDShow Video Decoder- "Import: Couldn't Open" AviSynth Error

When I try to use FFDShow Video Decoder in MPC-HC as of last night I get no smooth motion, and the following error on the top of my screen.

Import: couldn't open "C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\Scripts\3405fa.avs"(ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 2)

I can not fix this.  If I uncheck AviSynth in the decoder, I don't get the error, but I still don't get any smooth framerate.

I can only use FFDShow Raw Video Filter in MPC-HC

The problem is I use FFDShow Raw Video Filter in Stereoscopic player for MVC3D Video playback in Nvidia 3D Vision, and use sharpening, levels and saturation.    If I set FFDShow Video Decoder in Stereoscopic player the player crashes 100% of the time trying to open any 3D video.

So I have to enable the saturation, levels and sharpness twice on Stereoscopic player (for left and right streams) and then when I play a 2D movie in MPC-HC I have to disable them as they drop frames like crazy.

I had this solved by setting FFDShow Raw Video Filter for Stereoscopic player and FFDShow Video Decoder set for MPC-HC. Not anymore

I got home from work and all of a sudden (without any changes to programs or settings) FFDShow Video Decoder is not working anymore.  If I try setting FFDShow Video Decoder to Stereoscopic player the player crashes everytime I try to launch a 3D Video.

What can I do to get SVP4 and FFDShow Video Decoder to communicate with Avisynth again? 

I am at a loss as to why this issue just happened on it's own

Please Assist.

Re: FFDShow Video Decoder- "Import: Couldn't Open" AviSynth Error

Can yuo try to use a restore point of windows?

Re: FFDShow Video Decoder- "Import: Couldn't Open" AviSynth Error

> Import: couldn't open ...

This error means
1. there's a script code in the Avisynth tab in ffdshow
2. and there're actually no such file - ..\scripts\xyz.avs - which is generated by SVP at runtime

Do you see any errors in SVP's journal?