Topic: [HELP!] MacroStutter on all TrueHD movies.

I don't know what the problem is.

I tried uninstalling all components of SVP 4 twice and every video I play with TrueHD audio freezes for 1-2 seconds every 5-10 seconds.  If I have the SVP OSD on the OSD appears after the stutter.

Uninstalling and setting up the way I normally do does not fix this.  Dolby Digital and DTS videos play fine, but I can not get TrueHD videos to work.

I have tried every thing I could think of, from playing without Reclock, to using Reclock as Dsound, Waveout and WASAPI  Setting up the FFDShow audio processor the way I always do, and changing the default audio in MPC-HC to "Default", "Speakers (Sound Blaster Zx)" "Default Waveout Device" and "Default DirectSound Device"

TrueHD movies are no longer playable.

Please assist.  I'm banging my head against the table over this.

Re: [HELP!] MacroStutter on all TrueHD movies.

hoover1979
Can you give a link to that video?

3 (edited by hoover1979 05-01-2017 09:16:42)

a link?

this is a blu-ray I own that I format-shifted to an external HDD as a media centre.  My PC is in my lounge room as a home theater/gaming system.

Now Dolby digital is having this stutter too.  DTS and LPCM movies still play fine.  I uninstalled again and went into the registery and removed reclock and reinstalled and I am still getting this 1-2 second stutter every 5-10 seconds.

I don't know what is going on.  I don't want to format my boot sector and clean install Windows again.  I have never encountered this issue until today and now I can't get rid of it.  The only way to stop the stutter is to play the video without SVP at all.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling my sound card drivers and see if that helps.

EDIT: No Dice.  I also tried switching from MadVR to EVR (Custom Presenter), No Dice.  I tried switching from DTS Connect, to Dolby Digital Live, to no encoder No Dice.  I also tried switching from FFDShow Raw Video Filter to FFDShow VIdeo Decoder.  No Dice there too.  The macro stutters happen at the ecact same times and intervals too.

The stutters happen at the exact same times and intervals in Potplayer too.  on Potplayer the screen flickers black quickly during the frozen frame.

The best shot I ave at the moment is do siable SVP and enable Smooth Motion with MadVR.  I prefer the smoothness of SVP though so I am devastated. :'(

I will try downloading potplayer, but since MPC-HC doesn't cause this stutter when SVP is disabled I am sceptical potplayer will work either.

4 (edited by hoover1979 05-01-2017 09:49:19)

I seem to have fixed this problem and the solution was the last thing I would have thought of.

I have to now use MadVR's Smooth motion in conjunction with SVP!!!!! hmm

Until today if I had smooth motion enabled while SVP was on I got a terrible overall framerate that in some points was considerably lower than the source framerate.

Now for some freaky reason it is flawless.  The Stutter all gone.  I set Smooth Motion to "Always" in MadVR

I am puzzled beyond belief but glad my persistent troubleshooting has prevailed.

If anyone else gets this kind of stutter issue, you should suggest trying enable smooth motion (set as "Always") to see if it solves their issue too. smile

hoover1979
It is strange solution. But thank you. smile

6 (edited by hoover1979 06-01-2017 05:22:01)

i'd like to add that after a couple of videos while smooth motion was on the video hung on the first frame and I had to alt+tab out then alt-tab in.  As part of my troubleshooting I disabled Smooth Motion expecting the macrostutter issue to return, but the macrostutter issue was gone!  (Woot Woot!) big_smile

this is even stranger, but I am glad I can watch my videos in 100fps again smile

Computers can be weird and sometimes what is believed to be counter-productive can be a solution.