1 (edited by hoover1979 04-01-2017 07:24:26)

Topic: Reclock audio render only outputs 16bit audio instead of 24bit

My sound card is a Sound Blaster Zx which is connected to a new set of Logitech Z906 THX certified 5.1 speakers.  I have noticed reclock is gimping my output to 16bit, even with 24bit selected in reclock config.

Is there any way to override this and get 24bit 6 channel audio?

I get the 96,000Hz upsampling working on both Reclock and FFDShow Audio Decoder, but reclock insists on outputting to 16bit, when my hardware is capable of 24bit 96,000h 5.1 Surround, or 24bit 192,000hz Stereo

This 16bit output gimping happens with reclock set as Waveout, Directsound & WASAPI.

The source of my movie is 24bit 48,000Hz DTS and the output is 16bit 96,000Hz PCM

Also is there a way to get the output to be DTS instead of PCM? My Sound card supports both Dolby Digital And DTS and I have it set to DTS in the driver.

I really want to get the most out of my new (And expensive) speakers.

Please assist.  I have found no help on google.

2 (edited by hoover1979 04-01-2017 12:37:54)

Re: Reclock audio render only outputs 16bit audio instead of 24bit

I fixed (part of) the problem myself. 

I made sure only 24bit integer was selected in FFDShow Audio Decoder, deselecting all the others. I guess it selected the first available option which was 16bit. 

Then I entered Reclock config ans selected WASAPI for PCM.

I set 24bit padded to 32bit (this is the only option that works on WASAPI, otherwise I get a hardware not supported error)

Now I am outputting to 96,000Hz 6 channels 24bit PCM

The only issue I have next is how (if possible) do I get the output to be DTS/Dolby Digital/TrueHD instead of PCM?

EDIT: as I have a Sound Blaster Zx when DTS COnnect is enabled (Which it always is) is the sound being outputted to DTS on-the-fly regardless if the media player is saying PCM as the output?