1 (edited by Leondre 18-09-2016 21:08:24)

Topic: Import: couldn't open... error

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10835356/ShareX/mpc-hc_2016-09-18_15-55-41.png

I keep encountering the above issue when trying to play media after a reboot. SVP 4 works fine after a reinstall of the application, but the moment I reboot my machine it stops working and throws that error.

I saw a previous post from a while back that said to uncheck avisynth in ffdshow options. That does make the error go away, but svp does not actually do anything after that. And that box automatically checks itself again whenever I open a new file. I have also noticed that the file it is looking for in that path does not even exist.

How do I fix this? I'm using mpc-hc and Windows 10.

Re: Import: couldn't open... error

Leondre
1. Close SVP-Manager. Exit from it.
2. Open MPC-HC, open video to playback, get the error again.
3. Go to menu Play - Filters - ffdShow raw. Uncheck avisynth option - OK. The error must disappear.
4. Start SVP-Manager. It must work correctly after steps 1-2-3.

If not - then open video, wait for the error appear then send us bug report via SVP-Manager menu Information - Send problem report...

3 (edited by Leondre 19-09-2016 23:04:31)

Avisynth is already unchecked when I open a video with svp-manager closed. I don't get the error unless svp-manager is actually running.

I've gone ahead and sent the problem report to you.

edit: Here are the easy reproducible steps of how I encounter this. I have found it doesn't even need a reboot, simply closing the manager is enough to do it.

1. Install SVP 4
2. Open a video, svp works fine.
3. Close SVP-Manager, and then reopen it.
4. Open a video, error is thrown.
5. Close SVP-Manager and reinstall the '[DS_32] Core for DirectShow 32-bit'
6. Open a video, svp works fine.

Leondre
Thank you for detailed description. We will look into it.

i do have same issues

1. Install SVP 4
2. Open a video, svp works fine.
3. Close SVP-Manager, and then reopen it.
4. Open a video, error is thrown.
5. Close SVP-Manager and reinstall the '[DS_32] Core for DirectShow 32-bit'
6. Open a video, svp works fine.

I did it twice. No error at step 4. I did uninstall SVP 4, reboot and install it again. Can't to reproduce the error.

I see in the logs from your bug report you are using MPC-HC 32bit player but avisynth+ 64bit. Avisynth 64bit is not recommended. And it is wrong case of using 32bit player with 64bit components. It can't work correctly. It can't work at all.
Try to uninstall all avisynth versions and install [DS_32] Avisynth 32-bit alone.

7 (edited by Leondre 20-09-2016 21:45:14)

Alright I uninstalled SVP, and then uninstalled the remaining 64bit avisynth. I then reinstalled SVP.

Initially I was able to play videos and svp worked, but after closing svp and reopening it and playing another video I now get.

I posted another problem report. Is there anything you can tell me from those logs?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10835356/ShareX/mpc-hc_2016-09-20_16-33-33.png

Thanks for the assistance so far.

I ended up just reinstalling windows and all my issues are solved. Not an elegant solution, but whatever.

Thanks

When you simply uninstall SVP you better manualy delete svp 4 folder in user/appdata/roaming/

10 (edited by Leondre 29-09-2016 00:44:13)

I wanted to chime in on this again. I just encountered the "Invalid script!" error once more. However this time it happened immediately after I installed Webroot, which I had previously before doing a clean install of Windows. I removed Webroot and SVP started working fine again.

Just an FYI for anyone who may be in a similar situation.

Leondre wrote:

I removed Webroot and SVP started working fine again.

Good news! smile
Thank you for information!