Topic: Is it possible to implement SVP with powerdvd?

As mpc hc doesn't support playback of original bluray movies, i have to use powerdvd, but i want the smooth SVP framerates, is it possible to use SVP with it?

Re: Is it possible to implement SVP with powerdvd?

mpc hc doesn't support playback of original bluray movies

I can watch BD with MPC-HC.
MPC-HC - menu File - Open DVD/BD

PowerDVD doesn't support ffdShow. So it incompatible to SVP.

... however you'll need to decrypt BD disk first to make it usable in 3rd-party video players like MPC-HC

Chainik wrote:

... however you'll need to decrypt BD disk first to make it usable in 3rd-party video players like MPC-HC

Exactly. Which is why i asked if SVP was compatible with powerdvd.

DRM is all about not letting 3rd party soft/hard-ware to get access to the raw (unprotected) audio/video streams
so the answer it just obvious  wink

6 (edited by Jeff R 1 13-09-2016 04:57:06)

It's too bad it couldn't somehow be implemented, it would solve allot problems when or if UHD-Blu-ray drives are made available to for the PC.
Maybe Chainik should go work for Cyberlink on the side and re-write the software to make it work.
I'm sure it's very easy... big_smile

Does your version of PowerDVD have support for AMD FluidMotion?  That's what I've been using as a stop-gap.

it would solve allot problems when or if UHD-Blu-ray drives are made available to for the PC.

Is UHD BD actually coming to PC?  I haven't heard anything definitive.

Neither have I, but I will remain hopeful.
The last thing I heard is back in March from Cyberlink and they said they're looking in to it.
One of the moderators on the Cyberlink site also said by 2017 for a drive.