Topic: Horizontal line artifact across middle of screen on vertical panning.

Hi.  I use SVP pro and at the moment I seem to be getting a line artifact horizontally across the middle of the screen on vertical panning on 120Hz.  Vsync is on for SVM4, MPC-HC and Reckock and the artifact persists.  It is present on MadVR with or without exclusive mode, and EVR (Custom Presenter (With and without D3D Fullscreen).

I spent the last 2 hours toying with the SVP4 settings to no avail.  This artifact, recently appeared and looks like it is here to stay.

Advice would be appreciated.  My movie experience is somewhat hampered with a clear horizontal line accross the middle of my screen every time the camera pans up or down (Or diagonally)

Lav Video acceleration settings (Off, DXVA2 - Copy Back and Nvidia CUVID) do not change this issue.

CPU: 4.2Ghz Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: 4Gb GDDR5 Gigabyte Nvidia GTX970 G1 Gaming
RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 DDR3 RAM

Re: Horizontal line artifact across middle of screen on vertical panning.

check that 3D stereo mode in SVP is not turned on

3 (edited by hoover1979 24-08-2016 09:30:58)

Thanks for the quick reply.  I checked and Stereo mode by aspect ratio is unchecked.

I manually uninstalled all components and reinstalled them and it fixed the issue for all but 1 movie.  A blu-ray I bought today (With 2 others) that I converted to MKV on my massive 8tb HDD for use with SVP 4.  "Predator" it is a 3D blu-ray but with MVC movies on MPC-HC only the left frame renders.  my other MVC movies don't have this issue, only Predator.  (Funny a 1987 movie being in Blu-ray 3D.  It peaked my intrest so I bought it).

I am re-backing it up as a non 3D MKV and will test it when all is complete.

Maybe it is the way the frames are packed in this movie in particular that MPC-HC renders both frames but only shows the left?

I wish that SVP would work on Stereoscopic player for MVC3D video files.  Every time I convert one of my 3D blu-rays to SBS3d iI either get DVD resolution or black bars on the left and right of the screen and a picture squashed out of aspect.

I am including a photo of the blu-ray with my U/N written by it to prove that it is a legit copy and not piracy of a rental movie.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Hoover … k.jpg.html

I mean this - see pic.

3D mode is also can be auto-selected by file name / path.
For example if the file name is something like "blah-blah.3d.mkv"

> I wish that SVP would work on Stereoscopic player for MVC3D video files.

actually it works, somehow... but synchronization between views can be broken

Post's attachments

svp4-3dmodes.png, 6.01 kb, 281 x 195
svp4-3dmodes.png 6.01 kb, 450 downloads since 2016-08-24 

5 (edited by hoover1979 24-08-2016 10:27:39)

THANK YOU!  That fixed it.  You are a godsend! big_smile

Although the 2D re-backup is flawless.  This saves having a 35Gb 3D backup and an 18Gb 2D backup on the same HDD, thus saving crucial space.

I have a few lossless (and massive) 3D blu-ray backups on my 8Tb HDD, but only Predator gave this issue, while the others were fine.  Weird. 

I will need to keep this trick in the memory bank, in case I get this issue again.

Is there a way to set 2D as a general setting to apply to all movies in SVP 4, rather than after opening a particular movie and just for that particular movie?

With stereoscopic player, I had to unrestrict ffdshow to allow for multiple instances.  Before I did that Stereoscopic player would either crash or show a black screen with sound, if SVP 4 was active.

I guess SVP needs multiple instances too as even with 2x frame rate, the movies were a slide show and after each second of playback the audio got 1-2 seconds further out of sync. 

I could not aleviate it at all.  Reclock hates stereoscopic player and even with SVP 4 closed and not active in taskbar, if reclock was on all sound was out of sync from video no matter what video or audio codecs were used. 

I had to set reclock to "never load" for Stereoscopic player to avoid this issue.

all in all by setting up my PC in my lounge as a home theater with DTS 5.1 Surround sound, Nvidia 3D vision 2, a digital HDTV tuner and a whopping great HDD to back up all my DVD's and blu-rays on to was a great investment.

SVP 4 makes my 2D lounge room viewing much better, and I hope one day MVC3D gets figured out so that 3D viewing gets the same great smoothness!

> but only Predator gave this issue, while the others were fine.  Weird.

what was the full file path and name?
2d video file named "Predator-3d.mkv" will trigger 3d mode in SVP

> I guess SVP needs multiple instances too as even with 2x frame rate, the movies were a slide show and after each second of playback the audio got 1-2 seconds further out of sync.

yep, automatic settings selection will fail in this case, you should manually add another video profile with lower settings for MVC

7 (edited by hoover1979 24-08-2016 23:18:26)

Predator was named "Predator 3D' but all the 3D backups have "(MVC3D)" in the filenemes, so I can quickly identify which files are 3D.  (like I also have in brackets "(DTS-HDMA 5.1 Audio)" or "(Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio)" or "(TrueHD 5.1 Audio)" so I know which ones would sound better).

Although I don't think the audio codecs sound different as my Sound blaster Zx uses Hardware DTS encoding/decoding (at 24bit 96000Khz 5.1) and I have set FFDshow audio Codec to resample all audio on MPC-HC to 96000Khz with a mild denoise effect and use hardware crystalizer via creative control panel, which makes even a DD 5.1 DVD sound boss.

8 (edited by brucethemoose 25-08-2016 03:45:29)

I'm fairly certain sound card drivers do DTS decoding in software these days, but I'm not 100% sure. They just don't have the acceleration hardware like they used to.

> Predator was named "Predator 3D' but all the 3D backups have "(MVC3D)" in the filenemes

yep, this is it
"3d" tag enclosed with two delimiters (dot, space, dash, underscore) will trigger 3d mode
and there're a few more similar rules for "sbs", "ou" tags

"mvc3d" won't match