1 (edited by silvermcmahon 02-07-2016 22:41:29)

Topic: Disabling MadVR

I am having issues with playing videos on MPC-HC. After fast forwarding 3-4 times, MPC-HC just crashes and closes down. I had this problem earlier as well. At that time, it got solved by disabling MadVR. After that, I reinstalled Windows on my PC. So, now I think the same trick should work again. So, can someone please guide me as to how I can disable MadVR in MPC-HC.

P.S. I am using SVP 4 Pro on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Re: Disabling MadVR

Press 'O' for Options. Playback, Output. DirectShow Video: select System Default instead of madVR.

I recommend to use EVR Custom with D3D Fullscreen option.

Post's attachments

EVR_D3D_Fullscreen.png, 24.01 kb, 646 x 488
EVR_D3D_Fullscreen.png 24.01 kb, 484 downloads since 2016-07-03 

Thanks for your help guys. I tried both of your settings but it seems it still crashes on EVR Custom but works just fine on System Default. I will stick to it for now. smile

silvermcmahon

works just fine on System Default

Thank you for information.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 04-07-2016 19:57:47)

Just an FYI, you will probably want to set your resizer to one of the three Bicubic options (A=-0.60 is the smoothest, A=-1.00 is the sharpest) if it doesn't cause you any problems (you really only ever want to use bilinear on like 10+ year old Intel GPUs or similar).

> you really only ever want to use bilinear on like 10+ year old Intel GPUs or similar

lets change this to "5yo Intel GPU" big_smile
sandy bridge is from 2011...

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 04-07-2016 21:14:54)

Chainik wrote:

lets change this to "5yo Intel GPU" big_smile
sandy bridge is from 2011...[/off]

In my experience Westmere-era Intel iGPUs can handle Bicubic just fine in MPC-HC, but those Merom-era Intel iGPUs cannot (such as the 965GMA) - therefore 10+ years old.