Topic: SVP 3 settings for anime?

Hi, is there anyone here who can share their SVP settings that is suited for anime? I've been using SVP 4 and it's kind of buggy (i get some stuttering and some wave artifacts most of the time) I'm planning to revert back to SVP 3 so I could have more freedom in the settings.

Here are my PC specs
Core i5 6600k @ stock
MSI Z170 G43 PLUS
12gb ddr4 @ 2400mhz
Sapphire R9 390

Thanks a lot! smile

Re: SVP 3 settings for anime?

Hi,i'm using these settings:
Frames interpolation mode:Uniform
Svp Shader: Sharp
Target frame rate default
Motion vectors grid:default
Decrease grid step:default
Search radius:smal and fast
Motion vecotrs precision: One pixel
Wide Search:Strongest
Artifacts masking:default
Processinf scenes changes: Blend
Decrease frame size: To screen size

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 28-04-2016 18:17:54)

arthstyle wrote:

I'm planning to revert back to SVP 3 so I could have more freedom in the settings.

Just an FYI, most of those custom settings still exist in SVP 4, it's just that they're now in the Pro version.

AndyDragneel wrote:

I really must recommend against these settings since they were chosen with considerable hardware constraints; by comparison a 6600k is more than enough that you could probably max out all of SVP's settings and still have CPU headroom.

One thing that must be mentioned though is that, if you're going to use SVP 3, make sure you manually change the amount of processing threads to at least 7.  If you don't do this, then you may have inadequate performance even if your CPU has lots of headroom.

If you use MadVR, I would recommend setting SVP to use your integrated Intel GPU and letting MadVR have your discrete GPU all to itself.

Lastly, one key thing that can reduce artifacting and increase smoothness is to have your screen refresh rate be an exact multiple of the source framerate (60Hz for 60fps, 50Hz for 25fps, 48Hz for 24fps, etc).  This can be achieved via MadVR's or MPC-HC's automatic resolution changer though you may need to make custom resolution(s) in order to even access such refresh rates (I personally use CRU - Custom Resolution Utility).

If you instead decide to increase your refresh rate (like running a 60Hz monitor at 72Hz), then you would go through the same process but afterwards you need to make sure your monitor is actually displaying 72fps and not skipping frames - the quick-and-dirty method is to just drag a program window around relatively quickly and see if it's smoother than 60Hz (if it's smoother, then you should be good); the OCD way is to run the BlurBusters frame-skipping test and take a photo of the screen (slow cell phone cameras are actually better at this).

When making custom resolution, please be aware of the ability to reset to "640x480" or "low resolution VGA mode" (you can ignore step 4 and everything after) in case something goes wrong.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
arthstyle wrote:

I'm planning to revert back to SVP 3 so I could have more freedom in the settings.

Just an FYI, most of those custom settings still exist in SVP 4, it's just that they're now in the Pro version.

AndyDragneel wrote:

I really must recommend against these settings since they were chosen with considerable hardware constraints; by comparison a 6600k is more than enough that you could probably max out all of SVP's settings and still have CPU headroom.

One thing that must be mentioned though is that, if you're going to use SVP 3, make sure you manually change the amount of processing threads to at least 7.  If you don't do this, then you may have inadequate performance even if your CPU has lots of headroom.

If you use MadVR, I would recommend setting SVP to use your integrated Intel GPU and letting MadVR have your discrete GPU all to itself.

Lastly, one key thing that can reduce artifacting and increase smoothness is to have your screen refresh rate be an exact multiple of the source framerate (60Hz for 60fps, 50Hz for 25fps, 48Hz for 24fps, etc).  This can be achieved via MadVR's or MPC-HC's automatic resolution changer though you may need to make custom resolution(s) in order to even access such refresh rates (I personally use CRU - Custom Resolution Utility).

If you instead decide to increase your refresh rate (like running a 60Hz monitor at 72Hz), then you would go through the same process but afterwards you need to make sure your monitor is actually displaying 72fps and not skipping frames - the quick-and-dirty method is to just drag a program window around relatively quickly and see if it's smoother than 60Hz (if it's smoother, then you should be good); the OCD way is to run the BlurBusters frame-skipping test and take a photo of the screen (slow cell phone cameras are actually better at this).

When making custom resolution, please be aware of the ability to reset to "640x480" or "low resolution VGA mode" (you can ignore step 4 and everything after) in case something goes wrong.

Indeed with these settings even my cpu is under 45%,that's why i asked you to setup my svp in the below thread hahahahah