Topic: 10bit Support

May I ask the SVP Team on any update for 10bit video support?  Is it now a work in progress?

Thanks

2 (edited by Mystery 24-04-2016 12:51:31)

Re: 10bit Support

The person currently working on AviSynth+ has been discussing the possibility of adding high-bit-depth support to the AviSynth engine. I think it would make more sense for SVP to support it based on a native implementation instead of hacking around.

SVP used avisynth inside ffdShow. So ffdShow can provide only 8 bit for now. ffdShow need to be updated too to process and bypass 10 bit to avisynth via ffdShow_source() function.

Thank you for this information.  Do you happen to know if ffdshow will be updated to 10 bit anytime soon?  10bit video is starting to proliferate because of its ability to remove banding.  I hope it gets updated very soon

Magik Mark wrote:

Thank you for this information.  Do you happen to know if ffdshow will be updated to 10 bit anytime soon?  10bit video is starting to proliferate because of its ability to remove banding.  I hope it gets updated very soon

ffdshow is dead

MAG79, how complicated would it be to rewrite a "ffdshow lite" version that only serves as a bridge for AviSynth? Because right now that code is a dead unmaintaineable mess that does a whole bunch of things.

Unless someone innovates then we are stuck to 8 bit for good :-(

Well SVP is moving to MPV/VapourSynth anyway, right? No need to rewrite ffdshow just for SVP.

MPV is not what I dream of. Hope AVS+ will get more stable.

10 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 30-04-2016 04:43:58)

nemoW wrote:

MPV is not what I dream of.

Same here, until there's some way to automatically change my monitor's refresh rate without needing to use configuration scripts that work in an almost command-line fashion (abstract things like coding and command line is my biggest weakspot).

The only reason I am not using MPV + VapourSynth yet is because there's no support for MadVR. The moment image/quality enhancing support like MadVR is added I'll probably make the switch. It's newer, kept up to date, and has potential to be even better at masking artifacts (I think I read that somewhere).

Blackfyre wrote:

The only reason I am not using MPV + VapourSynth yet is because there's no support for MadVR. The moment image/quality enhancing support like MadVR is added I'll probably make the switch. It's newer, kept up to date, and has potential to be even better at masking artifacts (I think I read that somewhere).

we will never see madvr with VapourSynth/mpv
http://sheekyforums.com/thread/51572004 … t-why.html

Plus I'm working on a software that manages video playback for average users. Integrating an "expert-only" video like MVP that needs to be configured from the command-line is out of the question. It's something I could do myself but I can't expect others to do that.

14 (edited by ITN 27-05-2016 17:39:43)

I ran in to the 10-bit issues with FFdshow as well. Will there be a good alternative in the future since the development of FFdshow has been stopped for years?