Topic: CRT 71.928 help

Anyone using a crt projector at 72hz? I have a highly modded 9500lc 9" crt with the
latest MP mods and looking for some settings help as well as hardware.

Intel Xeon-1230 quad 3.3 and a Nvidia GTX-770 do I need new hardware to 72hz without artifacts?

I am using the latest MPV player and it is a wonderful player. Thanks for lifting the veil off the image. My
crt really shows Madvr haze when watching movies and previously switched back to linux to avoid this.
Now I am back on Windows 10 and SVP Pro4 and everything looks good except for mosqieto noise around fast images
that is distracting on 110" screen sitting 10 ft back. I have not went into any custom settings yet so looking
for the best settings for my hardware and viewing taste.

Here is a quick shot of crt projector in action.

Thanks Greg

Post's attachments

lelo.JPG 418.72 kb, 202 downloads since 2016-04-20 

Re: CRT 71.928 help

greg1292 wrote:

Intel Xeon-1230 quad 3.3 and a Nvidia GTX-770 do I need new hardware to 72hz without artifacts?

That hardware is arguably overkill already for SVP.

Regardless, we should first ask whether these artifacts only occur on your projector or on other non-projector displays as well.

3 (edited by greg1292 21-04-2016 02:30:38)

On fast motion of an object say a head turns and halo around
The object like svp is hunting to correct for the fast movement
the rest of the image is in perfect focus with no artifacting. When cpu and card us below 50% usuage. Hope this helps you.
Svp and Mpv is an addicting combo. I only see it on the projector but have not tried another tv.

Have you tried using "artifact masking" and/or the "reduce grid step" settings in SVP?  Those are the go-to settings for people that are sensitive to artifacts.

Yes only have tried that artifact masking and is set to highest setting. Where are the other adjustments located?

greg1292 wrote:

Yes only have tried that artifact masking and is set to highest setting. Where are the other adjustments located?

Oh, you're not using custom settings?

Make a new video profile in SVP and that will allow you to modify all the interpolation settings.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
greg1292 wrote:

Oh, you're not using custom settings?

Make a new video profile in SVP and that will allow you to modify all the interpolation settings.

So figured that out an am using smoothest video playback,complicated shaders,strong masking. 72fps playback can't remember the other settings with MPv player and the best
15.00 ever spent. The smoothest playback I have ever seen. The clarity and immersiveness is amazing. Thanks SVP team for a great product. Truly is a smooth experience an artifact free.