Topic: Questions about installation options (SVP 4 Pro)

Can anybody explain the different options in the SVP 4 Pro installer?  I know you can hover over each option for a description, but I'd like a little more information.

For example, the first option is [DS_32] Core for DirectShow 32-bit.  Is this the svpflow1.dll and svpflow2.dll?

Next is the 3rd party mandatory software.  The first option is [DS_32] ffdshow filters for 32-bit.  Does this install all of ffdshow?  If so, I'd like to install it manually but the options seems to be forced enabled.  The same for [DS_32] Avisynth 32-bit (i.e. I already have avisynth 2.6 mt installed).

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Questions about installation options (SVP 4 Pro)

> [DS_32] Core for DirectShow 32-bit.  Is this the svpflow1.dll and svpflow2.dll?

yep
plus all the dependencies needed - ffdshow 32-bit, avisynth 32-bit, VC++ runtime and so on
and yes, it is forced for a reason big_smile

> The first option is [DS_32] ffdshow filters for 32-bit.  Does this install all of ffdshow?

It runs the "official" ffdshow setup, you are free to check/uncheck anything you want inside it

> If so, I'd like to install it manually but the options seems to be forced enabled.

It is forced if ffdshow is not already installed

> The same for [DS_32] Avisynth 32-bit

It splits into two options
- the "official" (again) Avisynth setup - won't be running if you already have it installed
- plus copying of 2.6 MT .dll into syswow64 folder

Thanks for the information!

The only ffdshow option i need is raw video processor, right?  I don't need to check anything else including the ffdshow avisynth option, right?

4 (edited by dlr5668 17-04-2016 20:24:58)

sofakng wrote:

Thanks for the information!

The only ffdshow option i need is raw video processor, right?  I don't need to check anything else including the ffdshow avisynth option, right?

it depends on video player. I had some problems with MPDN player with "lite" install.

if u have pro version then use vapoursynth version. that version is perfect

dlr5668 wrote:

if u have pro version then use vapoursynth version. that version is perfect

Unless you actively use MPC-HC's automatic resolution/refresh rate changer and, like me, don't really have any coding or command line ability...then it's a downgrade.