Topic: Any chance of VLC support?

Nice to see the mpv support, but I've been writing a video player based on libVLC and it would be great to be able to use SVP.

Re: Any chance of VLC support?

Work in progress...
Actually we're trying to port mpv's Vapoursynth filter to VLC's modules API.

BTW here's one major problem with this module - https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/16755

If you by any chance have some weight in VLC community - please do something about this big_smile
Otherwise the only way it can work is by replacing the deinterlace module.

That's really good news!

I've only recently (weeks ago) started using libVLC so no weight in the community unfortunately.

So how it will it work - at the moment I allocate a block of system ram for the YUV planes and give the pointer to libVLC. LibVLC then decodes to this block and tells me via the display callback when it's time to display the frame. At this point I copy the frame to another block of ram which then gets uploaded to a  texture by the main render thread, which also then overlays the UI. I have to do in this way because I'm using SDL which only allows rendering calls in one thread - ideally I'd have the decoding done to directly to the texture from the libVLC thread but this isn't stable.

So will vapoursynth/svp modify/insert frames as the final step before telling me to display? Other stuff like the sharpen filter works ok for me so hopefully it will also work with svp.

Happy to test anything out if it helps, anyway.