Topic: Latest Build Offline Installer

Hi guys, firstly, my thank to the team for suck a sweep app, really appreciate it.

Now as the title says, is there any offline installer for the latest build?

Every time i come across an 'online' installer, i feel like throwing my machine out the window. i wnat to install this on multiple machines, and i only have one pc setup for internet.

this online installer is getting out of hand, any offline installer will be really appreciated, thanks

Re: Latest Build Offline Installer

I assume the "always online" feature is designed to prevent pirates from getting a hold of the application and cracking and distributing it illegally. But I do have a problem with this "always online" method.

Maybe it could be be setup to check for validity once a month, and the application should lock itself out until internet access is allowed for it to check for validity again (so even if it's distributed illegally, it'll lock after 1 month anyway). Once it checks, it should reset the one month check period. That way, we only need to let the PC connect once a month to activate it SVP and done.

If my internet goes down for 2 weeks, all I want to do is probably watch movies/series at home if I have any free time. But I guess we could always use SVP 3 in that case until the internet comes back.

i am referring to the free version.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-03-2016 07:52:06)

Actually, in my experience, SVP4 itself is semi-portable in that you should be able to manually copy the program folder to another PC.

Note that you may also need to copy the folder where configuration data is stored, which is the "SVP4" folder located in %appdata%; though I would recommend intentionally not copying the "Settings" sub-folder.

Note however that the auto-updater doesn't seem to be too happy if you move the program directory, so you may need to make sure that it's in the exact same location on every PC; however it's very possible that this issue only occurs if you do in fact copy the above-mentioned "Settings" sub-folder.

Here's another reason: should "offline" installer include madVR, two builds of ffdshow, mpc-hc, and later - mpv and libmpv?
If yes then it will be about 150M size. Now please take a look at bandwidth pricing big_smile

Maybe we'll include SVP itself in the package but all 3rd-parties will remain online only.

6 (edited by nstream 14-03-2016 10:13:09)

Chainik wrote:

Here's another reason: should "offline" installer include madVR, two builds of ffdshow, mpc-hc, and later - mpv and libmpv?
If yes then it will be about 150M size. Now please take a look at bandwidth pricing big_smile

Maybe we'll include SVP itself in the package but all 3rd-parties will remain online only.

yes thats fine, as long as i can carry this to another pc.

if bandwidth is an issue, than i can say that downloading a 10mb package to pull across other stuff in itself is useless, why not just make it a full blown installer like version 3?

nstream wrote:
Chainik wrote:

yes thats fine, as long as i can carry this to another pc.

if bandwidth is an issue, than i can say that downloading a 10mb package to pull across other stuff in itself is useless, why not just make it a full blown installer like version 3?

Yes, I also don't understand how bandwidth cost is an argument for the online-only installer.  ??

I'd only have to download the installer once for all of my PCs were it offline, but online I'm going to have to DL it from SVP many times over.  Part of why I haven't redeemed my SVP4 keys yet.

VB_SVP, exactly, i will try out what Nintendo Maniac 64 has recommended, see how that goes. this online installer has really ruined my svp experience