1 (edited by typ9tanium 21-02-2016 03:32:09)

Topic: SVP works well windowed but not fullscreen

This is especially in MP4 files as the frame rate drops to 24-15 fps. In MKV files its fine but panning is kind of choppy.

PC Specs (Bought it this month)
Intel i7-6500 Core
NVIDA GeForce 940M
8.00 GB RAM

I also want to note I had a I5 processor in the past and had that computer for nearly 3 years and has no problems at all with SVP.

Post's attachments

Auto Op Sel.PNG, 23.22 kb, 616 x 500
Auto Op Sel.PNG 23.22 kb, 475 downloads since 2016-02-20 

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-02-2016 22:01:58)

Re: SVP works well windowed but not fullscreen

Let me guess - Nvidia on Window 10?  In MPC-HC, set your LAVfilters decoder to "DXVA2 (copy-back)" if you haven't already.

Some other things typically mentioned that might solve your issue:

- Enable Direct3D Fullscreen in MPC-HC if you don't use MadVR; if you do use MadVR then enable "use direct3d 11 for presentation"

- Manually set the amount of threads in SVP to a larger value (you want the smallest amount possible that gives a perfectly smooth result)

- *gasp* disable GPU acceleration in SVP; a last resort, but it's worth a shot.

I decided to disable MadVR, all my MP4 videos work but now MKV files either have low frame rates and/or have some audio delays. I've also had this issue with my past PC as well.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-02-2016 22:50:06)

Are the MP4 files 8bit while the MKV files are 10bit?

You can find this out by opening a video in MPC-HC, going to File -> Properties -> MediaInfo; from there look under "Video" and find "Bit Depth".

5 (edited by typ9tanium 21-02-2016 23:11:28)

MP4 is 10 bits, MKV is 8 bits. It actually varies, my bad.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-02-2016 22:59:15)

typ9tanium wrote:

That's exactly what they are.

Ah.  Well you see, 10bit AVC cannot be decoded in hardware, so it must be decoded purely by the CPU, which means higher CPU utilization.

If your CPU utilization is being maxed out, then it's to be expected that you'd get reduced performance.

Apologies for the double-post, but since you're using MadVR, it may be wise to set SVP to use your Intel integrated GPU while having MadVR use your discrete Nvidia GPU.

This should help performance somewhat.

If you are unable to select your Intel GPU in SVP, then you probably need to install the Intel GPU drivers.