Topic: SVP 4 script generation

I'm sort of new to SVP (version 4 pro), and I'm looking to generate AVS scripts to use in MeGUI but for the life of me I can't find any option to do so.
I see people talking about/screenshots of the option just right there when you right click on the SVP tray icon, but my guess is that's a SVP 3 build?

If I'm completely missing something, or that option has been removed for some reason, please help me out~

Re: SVP 4 script generation

There will be an extension (addon, plugin, whatever) for the video conversion task at some point...

In MeGUI, use InterFrame, which is an AviSynth wrapper around SVP's engine.

In 3.x, it was easier as it allowed you to export script.

But since I'm using AVS+ (x86), trying to use "last generated avs script" and modify source, it doesn't work so well.
invalid arguments to function 'SVSmoothFps'.
line 38
line 53

new source:
SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE",2)
SetFilterMTMode("Avisource",3)
Avisource ("E:\Uploads\Spectre-utvideo-yuv420.avi", audio=false)

line 38:
smooth=SVSmoothFps(input, super, vectors, smoothfps_params, mt=threads, src=src)

line 53
StackVertical(lf, rf)""") : input

I've not really used AVS+ for MT stuff before, so I'm not sure if that's the right way to modify for AVISource or for any other source type (DSS2, DGSource(DGdecNV),etc).

I'd rather not learn how to customize InterFrame or use masktools/svpflow to be as detailed as SVP already uses them.
Is there something extremely simple I'm missing from the modification with AVS+ ?

> invalid arguments to function 'SVSmoothFps'

this's a known issue with the current build of SVPflow libraries for SVP 4, they can only work inside ffdshow at the moment

Ah, okay. I'll try older version and wait for update.
The conversion isn't really for archive so any loss in quality/performance for downgrading isn't going to be too big a loss.

Avisynth 2.6MT
SVP4 Free (4.0.0.60) (core.flow32 1.2.2)

1. Run SVP4 and play "24fps.avi".
2. Copy C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\******.avs to C:\test\test.avs
3. Edit test.avs
      ffdShow_source()
        -> AVISource("24fps.avi")
4. Preview with AvsPmod. -> Error  (cf. Success with core.flow32 1.2.0)
         Script error: Invalid arguments to function "SVSmoothFps"
         (C:\test\test.avs, line 39)
         (C:\test\test.avs, line 54)

5. Edit test.avs
      global super_params="{scale:{up:0},gpu:1,rc:true}"
        -> global super_params="{scale:{up:0},gpu:1,rc:false}"
6. Preview with AvsPmod. -> Success

What does "rc" of SVSuper() mean ?

> What does "rc" of SVSuper() mean ?

it turns on special communication channel to SVP Manager

tac wrote:

Avisynth 2.6MT
SVP4 Free (4.0.0.60) (core.flow32 1.2.2)

5. Edit test.avs
      global super_params="{scale:{up:0},gpu:1,rc:true}"
        -> global super_params="{scale:{up:0},gpu:1,rc:false}"
6. Preview with AvsPmod. -> Success

HoLeeShit!! That is the 'tweak' I needed to know. My Avisynth scripts now run perfectly with the new SVP 4 svpflow dlls. For a couple of years I have wondered what functionality re:true/false toggled but could never find an answer in the documentation so I have always left it enabled. All I had to do was ask...  Thank you smile