Topic: Manual video delay in FFDSHOW

Hey smile
Does anyone know a way to delay/offset frames manually in ffdshow raw video filter?
I know it is possible to delay the audio, but that is not what i am looking for.
What i want is being able to offset a running video by x number of frames.

Re: Manual video delay in FFDSHOW

Are you using Avisynth? Is this that you need? Trim

Trim(x, 0, false)

where x is the number of frames that you want to delete.

stefanogiusio
Why you need it? Audio delay it best way to make audio and video in sync.

Trim is not fully supported in ffdShow's avisynth.

What definitely won't work are things that reorder large parts of the video (like Trim and (Un-)AlignedSplice when applied to more than a few frames, or Reverse)

from official description

4 (edited by stefanogiusio 11-01-2016 18:06:33)

I need it because SVP 4 pro don't work properly with 3d blu rays. I asked Chainik to make it compatible some time ago and he did which was very awesome of him. But when turning SVP on the video streams go out sync so one stream is a little behind the other, which makes it unwatchable sad it is only by very little, like 1-5 frames.

This is the post i am referring to http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 98&p=1

5 (edited by stefanogiusio 11-01-2016 18:03:45)

If any developer or user have the possibility to try and watch a 3d blu ray iso with SVP 4 pro and see for yourself that would be great. Because i assume this was an issue that Chainik did not see coming. Or it might just be my my setup & settings that causes this issue i don't know sad

I remember about this big_smile

7 (edited by stefanogiusio 11-01-2016 18:44:44)

Okay MAG79 you can scratch what i just said about frame syncing. I just did some checking with the two ffdshow instances. and the image counter is exactly the same with SVP running as without SVP running. So i have no idea what is causing this. hmm
But the issue still very much persists.

SVP works just fine in SBS or O/U 3d encoded video (so a normal 2d video with the images next to each other) so i don't think it is because SVP creates different images or artifacts on one video or the other.

9 (edited by stefanogiusio 11-01-2016 18:55:00)

On 3d blu rays with SVP running you can see when the scene changes that one video stream changes before the other. But since FFDshow tells me that the images are synced, i don't know what is causing this.

http://i.imgur.com/o4kafBR.png

And Hello Chainik tongue

Any chance that this will be looked into eventually? sad

and again - "I remember about this"

Ah okay sorry. I didn't get that was what you meant,  Thanks! smile