Topic: how to change the FPS limit

Hey, I just started using SVP,

and I have a simple question.

if I'm using SVP ill get 140fps~ as bandicam* telling me (bandicam is a software that can capture your screen, and it has a feature that shows the fps)

Image:

http://imgur.com/1k7MfWg

even if we say that im not running at 140fps and bandicam is wrong.

I feel whatever im watching is kinda, idk.. too smooth?

limiting the FPS to maybe 40~ I guess is pretty good, at least for me.

#How can I limit the FPS?

Thanks <3.

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 27-12-2015 04:06:42)

Re: how to change the FPS limit

You can just run your monitor at 48/50/60Hz (preferably 2x of the source framerate so as to eliminate judder).

If you're using SVP Pro, you can simply use custom settings that reduce the aggressiveness of the interpolation because capping the framerate doesn't really help all that much.

NrlAlmighty
As I can see you want to get movie more smoother but not very much? smile

4 (edited by NrlAlmighty 27-12-2015 19:23:44)

I want it that if I watch a movie with SVP I wont find a huge difference if I watch it without SVP,

in other way. I want to set a FPS limit, or lower something in the settings or change something so I can get less smoothing and less FPS,(around 40fps~)

because the default settings is kinda 2 much for me.

thanks <3

In that case, you need to switch target FPS to 2x (only available in SVP4 Pro, SVP 3, and manual setting).

You'll get smooth enough while not too fast for you to perceive the scenes.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 28-12-2015 04:11:28)

If you really want it to not be much of a difference, I'd say make a custom profile and keep everything at the default (including using "To screen") and run your monitor at 120+Hz...

But then change either of the following two settings, but only separately - do not have both of them changed from their defaults (try either and see which you like better):

• Interpolation mode - set to "2m" (least smooth), "1.5m", or "1m"

• Motion vectors grid - set to "32px" (least smooth), "28px", or "24px"