1 (edited by inhailedyeti 17-12-2015 14:08:54)

Topic: Video plays at 60 FPS for 1-2 seconds then starts lagging/stuttering

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, but as far as I know I set it up right. I have the video playing through MPC and using madVR and MPC says the video is playing at ~59.95 fps. I have tried tweaking the performance slider, video optimization (animation, film) and the artifacts masking. If I choose another random point in the video with the time slider, it will play smoothly for about a second then start lagging, and the audio will be slightly out of sync. I doubt this is a hardware issue as it only uses 8% of my  processor and 11% GPU. I have a i7 5820k and a GTX 770 on Windows 10. I have tried this with several animations/cartoons and a movie. The MPC frame counter sometimes will jump up to 700+ FPS as well. I also have my decoder set to DXVA2 (copy-back) as well as tried switching between various output renderers (enhanced video renderer, sync renderer, etc). My monitor is a 1440p 60Hz IPS Qnix Evo II, if that could help. After seeing 60 FPS movie trailers on YouTube, i've been dying to get it to work but I can't seem to. I've spent the last hour or so looking up how to set it up to make sure I did it properly, as well as googling my specific issue many times over. Thanks in advance.

Re: Video plays at 60 FPS for 1-2 seconds then starts lagging/stuttering

inhailedyeti
Try to select more calculation threads. For your CPU is 21 or 23. SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - Processing threads.
Check if you use madVR as renderer. MPC-HC menu View - Options - Output. You can control quality in madVR statistic by pressed Ctrl-J. See dropped frames number.

MAG79 wrote:

inhailedyeti
Try to select more calculation threads. For your CPU is 21 or 23. SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - Processing threads.
Check if you use madVR as renderer. MPC-HC menu View - Options - Output. You can control quality in madVR statistic by pressed Ctrl-J. See dropped frames number.

I changed the calculation threads from Auto to 23 and the problem persists. I have had the output as madVR. After playing the video for about a minute, it has only had 1 dropped frame.

Here's a screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/73c1974830b1071bfc7387347ae5592d

The framerate doesn't seem to lock to 60 and climbs above, though Vsync is enabled according to MPC. The framerate sits about 70-80fps when I tested it just now.

I also appreciate you taking the time to assist me.

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 17-12-2015 17:57:54)

FYI, Nvidia and Windows 10 do not mix very well (or at least not as well as Intel or AMD).

In MadVR, enable "use direct3d 11 for presentation"

inhailedyeti
How about setting thread to 19?

While it's unlikely possible, but this symptom is same that I experienced, the different is that time I was testing for using SVP manually. Please check whether the "Buffer back/ahead" is checked when playing the video.
To see that:
1. Play some video.
2. Look for "ffdshow raw decoder raw" in tray icons, and double click it. It will open the ffdshow raw panel.
3. Look for Avisynth tab.
4. Look whether "Buffer back/ahead" is checked or not.

Alright I enabled direct3d 11 in madVR settings, and buffer back/ahead was already enabled. Nothing changed then, but then I changed the calculation threads to 19 and it's working perfectly! Thanks so much guys.