Topic: SVP Speedup Issue - Smoothness.

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue while watching videos sometimes, usually with 1080p content, where the video would speed up really fast and then slow down (or slow down for two seconds, and then speed back up to where it should be). The audio doesn't cut or slow down, the audio keeps going, but the video slows down and then it tries to catch up with the audio, so it speeds up really fast. It happens once every 10 minutes, sometimes once every 20 minutes.

It's fine most of the time, but sometimes it happens during suspenseful situations and ruins it, or during a fight and it just looks completely weird. So I was hoping there's a solution to it.

See the image below:

http://i.imgur.com/f4CNTJB.png

Hardware:

4790K @ 4.7Ghz
Intel HD4600 for GPU acceleration with SVP
AMD HD7970 OC for Madvr up-scaling.

Sorry if this question was asked and answered before, just point me to the right place.

By the way, in the image, I've paused the video and taken the picture, that's why it says 0.85 for SVP Index. Otherwise it's very stable, you can see in the graph.

Regards, Blackfyre.
Thanks.

Re: SVP Speedup Issue - Smoothness.

may be some app or service running in the background...

Chainik wrote:

may be some app or service running in the background...

No, I just changed the GPU Acceleration for SVP from my Intel HD4600 to my AMD HD7970, and watched the next episode and it did not happen at all. No jump ups or anything, no delayed frames or dropped frames.

Problem is when I go back to watching 720p videos, and they need to be up-scaled to 1080p using Madvr, I need to use the HD4600 for GPU Acceleration with SVP, because Madvr uses 70% to 80% of my GPU, and I don't want to put my settings down.

It would be a good idea if you can add an option for the profiles, so that with 720p I can say use my HD4600. And for 1080p use my HD7970 (because there isn't any upscaling being done by Madvr when 1080p to 1080p).

Thanks for the reply.

4 (edited by Blackfyre 03-12-2015 00:43:27)

Here's a picture using my AMD HD7970 OC to do GPU Acceleration. The issue does not happen at all... Does anyone know if this issue happens with the Intel HD4600 because of a driver issue or something? Because it's stable 97% of the time... Just those up & down dips that happen once every 10 to 20 minutes randomly with 1080p videos.

EDIT: The graph is zoomed out to show that the full episode 45 minutes was running smoothly with no hiccups using the HD7970 for GPU Acceleration.

http://i.imgur.com/7KEERO6.png

Does anyone know if this issue happens with the Intel HD4600 because of a driver issue or something?

in fact you're the first one who reported about such an issue with HD4000

Chainik wrote:

Does anyone know if this issue happens with the Intel HD4600 because of a driver issue or something?

in fact you're the first one who reported about such an issue with HD4000

I'm 99% sure it only happens with 1080p WEB-DL videos, maybe that's why it hasn't been noticed tongue after all I've been using the HD4600 for GPU Acceleration since Windows 10 came out until now and only noticed this issue recently. I've also just updated to the latest HD4600 drivers a week ago, I might roll back the driver and see if the issue is still there. Starting to think it could be a driver issue, I'll investigate it further tonight.

Hi Everyone;

As I suspected, I believe it was a driver issue. I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), to remove the recently installed Intel drivers (win64_154012), which are still in beta but are available on the Intel website, and I reverted back to the older stable drivers (win64_154010.4300). The image below shows me using the HD4600 with no hiccups issue for over 30 minutes on a new episode (hopefully it's not because the episode is running at 1076p and upscaling to 1080p, I'll edit this post and update if that's the case later). If anyone else experiences this strange issue, roll back to the stable drivers.

http://i.imgur.com/dQFpEol.png