Re: Completely disable video crop in SVP 4

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I have a question. Why is the frame width alignment locked to either 4 or 8?

> Why is the frame width alignment locked to either 4 or 8?

which value do you like more and why? hmm

2? The problem is that SVP breaks the playback of any video whose with isn't divisible by 4. They're not very common, and it's no big deal if I have to disable SVP for those particular videos, but I figured I'd ask if there's a more direct solution.

I believe 2 px alignment will break some things hmm not only in SVP but also in video players / renderers (madVR?)

> SVP breaks the playback of any video whose with isn't divisible by 4

How it breaks playback? I think it should just crop it to 4 px first.

I'm using Zoom Player, and when trying to play a 854x480 video on it while running SVP the image is replaced by flashing lights and lines. I tried taking a screen cap, but apparently this issue is only visible while it's happening (no idea how or why). I have no other SVP-compatible players, so I couldn't recreate the issue on another player.

Regardless, if the 4px limit is there for system stability or whatnot, then I'll just keep turning SVP off when watching videos with frame widths not divisible by 4. No big deal.

Thanks anyway. Cheers.

As I know some players such ZoomPlayer is not like picture size changing.
You can add Zoomplayer to special players list and disable picture resizing.
See SVP manual, section Blacklist of Players

Hey, that works! Thanks! smile