Topic: Multiple License More Expensive For Backers

As a $10 backer I received my key without issues.
However, as I realized it was a single machine key, I went on and try to get an additional license for my second computer.
Then I found out we actually have to pay more than non-backers for multiple PC keys. I'll explain here.
First, here are the current costs of the licenses:
1 PC - $15
2 PCs - $23
3 PCs - $30

Now as a $10 backer, if I wanted to get an additional license. I would have to buy another key for $15.
That means I would have spend $25 in total for a 2 PCs license.
And if I wanted to get yet another license. I would have to buy the $23 option for 2 PCs.
Now I would have spent $33 for a 3 PCs license.
Here is the summary of costs for backers.
1 PC - $10
2 PCs - $25
3 PCs - $33
4 PCs - $40

I am sure backers would appreciate a discount for additional licenses!

Re: Multiple License More Expensive For Backers

I am sure backers would appreciate a discount for additional licenses!

try to read carefully through the latest comments on Indiegogo...

You guys gave us an additional machine license right after I posted that. Thank you.
But with all due respect I've checked everywhere before I posted.
I cannot believe I am supporting such arrogant developers.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 11-11-2015 17:34:39)

victor4one wrote:

I cannot believe I am supporting such arrogant developers.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

In other words, this is SVP's first foray into paid software, so it's to be expected that there will be stumbling blocks - this is definitely not the first time it has happened (there were issues where, before the pricing was laid out, it was not clear that the $10 backing option was only for Windows and not for Mac as well).

Now consider that English is not at the dev's native tongue, so there's going to be some language barriers as well when it comes to communication and mutual understanding (I can definitely attest to that since I've already made several corrections to the wording of various text and sentences in SVP4 beta over the last few months).

such arrogant developers

<insert a facepalm here>

this message was on a first page when I suggested you to "read carefully"

Post's attachments

post.png, 16.82 kb, 653 x 189
post.png 16.82 kb, 486 downloads since 2015-11-11 

6 (edited by victor4one 11-11-2015 23:23:34)

Chainik wrote:

<insert a facepalm here>

OK I admit that I might have missed that post (possibly due to the fact that it was posted shortly before).
But what really annoys me here is that you've made a rude response to someone who asked for something cordially.
I said "we would appreciate a discount" and you were like "go look for the answer yourself you lazy shit".

It was not "rude" but quick and busy.
I'm sorry you don't understand this.

Chainik wrote:

Yea, because in case you haven't noticed victor4one, Chainik and the other devs are dealing with a launch of their first paid software to thousands of donators, the mass of bug reports and suggestions that have come in on the forums and through the software, FIXING those bugs, AND having to move their server ALL AT ONCE!!

Give them a break man, they're not trying to screw you over or be unfair, they're just ACTUALLY THAT BUSY that they can't quote themselves constantly to answer the same questions over and over. You're not the first to ask and I'm sure you won't be the last. People don't read.
I understand the frustration over the pricing and limits. I HATE PAYING, AND I HATE LIMITS TOO! I torrent almost everything. SVP4 is one of the six pieces of software I have bought in my life. Think about that. If a "degenerate" like me values this software enough to pay, anyone else should be able to see the work they are putting into this and how they take the users suggestions seriously. SVP4's goal is to be BETTER. Every choice they make has that goal in mind, so if something is not "better" it is brought to their attention and MADE BETTER. This is what you're really doing, you're trying to help make it better because you have an issue, but you're letting your frustration get in the way. Relax, we've all got the same goal in mind. smile

9 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 12-11-2015 17:46:00)

Chainik wrote:

Like I mentioned before, I imagine that that English not being your native language makes a difference as well.  I've noticed in the past that sometimes even your grammatically-correct statements will sound or read somewhat odd compared to how a native speaker would phrase the same idea - it's like the "tone" is messed up or something.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Like I mentioned before, I imagine that that English not being your native language makes a difference as well.  I've noticed in the past that sometimes even your grammatically-correct statements will sound or read somewhat odd compared to how a native speaker would phrase the same idea - it's like the "tone" is messed up or something.

Yeah, I feel like whenever I write something, it's aggressive, where I just mean to be friendly ^^

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Like I mentioned before, I imagine that that English not being your native language makes a difference as well.

Honestly speaking, Chainik isn't a Good Cop even in Russian section. big_smile He can sometimes be sharp, straightforward and not so polite, but not rude.