1 (edited by cespenars 09-11-2015 05:00:12)

Topic: MPC 32-bit keeps installing as 64-bit

Sup guys. I'm a newcomer to SVP and wanted to try it out. But as you can see I have a 64-bit system and every time I try to install MPC.. it turns out it's 64-bit?

Pretty weird problem, was just curious if anyone might know an easy solution.

Re: MPC 32-bit keeps installing as 64-bit

Hi, and welcome.

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense...

Here's the download link to the official MPC page:

https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/

Just in case you're getting it from somewhere else, make sure you always get it from the official site.

Anyway if the problem persists, try out MPDN:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120

Assuming SVP and all its components are installed correctly, follow the instructions below:

Scroll down the first post and look for these three files; install them in the following order:

1. "zachsaw.com Software Certificate"
2. "Media Player .NET (MPDN) Installer - x86 Edition"
3. "MPDN Extensions Installer"

Once you're done with that, run MPDN... And EDIT the following settings;

Click on View, then open Options.

On the left panel, click on Video which is under DirectShow...

Now under Available Filters* scroll down until you see "ffdshow raw video filter", use the arrow keys between the panels, to move "ffdshow raw video filter" to the right side so it is under Selected Filters.

Click APPLY, then Click OK.

While SVP is running in the background, now open a video of your choice with MPDN.

If everything is working fine then we can figure out why your MPC is not working, otherwise if MPDN doesn't work too, then I'm not sure what is going on unless you provide further details.

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 09-11-2015 06:03:50)

Blackfyre, you might be over-thinking it.   It's very possible that s/he is downloading MPC-HC seperately from their own website which will default to MPC-HC 64bit on 64bit OSes.

cespenars, did you try using the MPC-HC that came bundled with SVP?

If not, did you try to select it for installation while installing SVP?

If not, then it would probably be a good idea to download a fresh copy of MPC-HC Portable from PortableApps from here:
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_vide … c-portable

And then follow these set-up instructions to make SVP work with MPC-HC:
https://www.svp-team.com/w/index.php?title=SVP:MPC-HC

Notice: For users of Livestreamer, please be aware that it does not (currently) work with MPC-HC Portable.

Tried installing MPC x32 via the bundle, also didn't work. My original download is from the main website as well.
It doesn't seem to matter what source I get it from it always installs as a 64-bit.

Anyway I tried the MPDN and it successfully installed as a 32-bit. Finally got to see SVP in action and I'm not sure it's for me personally. It looks like a standard soap opera effect, it is a lot smoother but slightly sped up and very unnatural. It works wonderfully with anime I find but there seems to be a lot skipped frames.

Are there a lot controls to tweak this sort of thing? Or is this more of an acquired taste.

That doesn't make sense that if you install the 32Bit (x86), it cannot install the 64Bit player.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps you've installed the x64Bit in the past, and somehow it is by default in Windows the one that runs when you open any media files. Meaning you have MPCx64 as the default media player for all media content. You need to make the 32Bit version the default media player.

Anyway, what are your specs? Your CPU, RAM, and Videocard?

As for the "Soap Opera" effect, that's normal at first to feel that way sometimes. I challenge you to watch movies/series at 60FPS for a consistent amount of time (maybe for two weeks) then go back to watching without SVP. Once you get used to 60FPS+ it's almost impossible to watch anything at 24/25/30 FPS anymore.

You need to reduce amount of skipped frames. Use madVR exclusive mode and ctrl-j to see dropped frames in statistics.