Topic: Which GPU is used by SVP?

Hi,

I have a small dilemma regarding a system where you have 2 GPUs: a dedicated one (let's say in my case a GTX 750 TI) and an integrated one (a HD 2500 in an Ivy Bridge CPU). So here comes the 2 questions:
1. If I use the iGPU DXVA option in the decoder (LAV Video - Intel QuickSync, it shows as available in Win 10) does this mean that SVP will also use it for a G profile (I have 4G) and leave the dGPU (GTX 750 TI) fully at the renderer discretion (madVR) ? For the moment I'm using DXVA Copy-Back in LAV Video which I think make use of the GTX 750 TI and I would like to leave every drop of power available for madVR instead.
2. If 1. is true would a Intel HD 2500 power be sufficient for SVP needs at 4G profile?

Thanks,

Re: Which GPU is used by SVP?

In multi-GPU systems SVP uses one that is selected in the menu...

Chainik wrote:

In multi-GPU systems SVP uses one that is selected in the menu...

You mean the ones listed in SVP 4 menu? I cannot find anything similar in SVP 3.1.7 menu ... or am I not looking right?

Selection option in menu appears if detected 2 or more GPU OpenCL devices. If one of your GPUs don't have OpenCL-driver then it can not be used by SVP, so you don't see selection option.
Usually HD 2500 needed to install official driver from Intel site to get OpenCL compatibilities. Default windows-driver have not OpenCL part for Intel HD Graphics.

About GPU-acceleration in SVP. HD 2500 is good for SD resolution video only. For HD and higher I recommend to use discrete GPU.

MAG79 wrote:

Selection option in menu appears if detected 2 or more GPU OpenCL devices. If one of your GPUs don't have OpenCL-driver then it can not be used by SVP, so you don't see selection option.
Usually HD 2500 needed to install official driver from Intel site to get OpenCL compatibilities. Default windows-driver have not OpenCL part for Intel HD Graphics.

About GPU-acceleration in SVP. HD 2500 is good for SD resolution video only. For HD and higher I recommend to use discrete GPU.

Ok, point noted. My hopes just vanished sad .

There's no harm in at least trying, is there?