1 (edited by saftle 14-10-2015 15:41:45)

Topic: [Feature Request] Cap Max FPS

For those of us that have refresh rates of 120 or 144, SVP 4.0 automatically uses that refresh rate as the max FPS. I think 144 FPS is a bit overkill, so having the ability to cap it at 60 as an example, would be great.

I backed the project on indiegogo and hope that the Full release has this as an option, but I think an option like this belongs on the Free version as well.

Thanks in advanced for your consideration.

Re: [Feature Request] Cap Max FPS

hope that the Full release has this as an option

yes it does

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-10-2015 18:15:38)

You could also use MPC-HC's automatic resolution changer to change your monitor's refresh rate only while playing video...

But if you use 60 FPS on a 144 Hz monitor without Free/G-Sync, won't you end up with the hated judder because 60 doesn't divide evenly into 144?

5 (edited by Fanty1972 15-10-2015 08:18:28)

saftle wrote:

For those of us that have refresh rates of 120 or 144, SVP 4.0 automatically uses that refresh rate as the max FPS. I think 144 FPS is a bit overkill

Well, not really. I use 120Hz on my Laptop aswell as my Video Projector.
It actually has an advantage over say 60, mainly because with 120FPS ALL original frames are kept. Thats not the case with 60.
If 24FPS is turned into 60, you get 12 original frames and 48 rendered frames. The other 12 original frames are skipped.
But if you turn 24FPS into 120FPS, then you get all 24 original frames in the final video plus 96 rendered ones.

Its always best to multily the FPS by a integer value.

24 FPS are best turned into: 48, 72, 96, 120 or 144 FPS
Most PC monitors are 60hz, so those people would only have 48FPS to chose from if they want all 24 original frames to be kept in the original. But if you have a 120 or 144Hz Monitor, I suggest to use that, if the PC is fast enough to do it.
Of course with 30FPS the list to chose from would be: 60, 90,120, 150....

So, 120FPS are perfect for 24FPS material aswell as 30FPS material.

VB_SVP wrote:

But if you use 60 FPS on a 144 Hz monitor without Free/G-Sync, won't you end up with the hated judder because 60 doesn't divide evenly into 144?

Thats what tools like "Reclock" are invented for.

7 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 15-10-2015 18:50:22)

Many displays can do 75hz as well...especially if you make a custom resolution.

Oh, one thing about using something like 60fps on 120hz - this is no good on displays that have black frame insertion because you end up with a ghosting-like artifact (this happens regardless of the screen technology) and the only solution is to make your video framerate match the screen refresh rate.

Chainik wrote:

hope that the Full release has this as an option

yes it does

Is it hopelessly buried?  I can't find it anywhere, and nothing in the manual talks about it either.

9 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 05-12-2015 22:28:13)

Kuram wrote:

Is it hopelessly buried?  I can't find it anywhere, and nothing in the manual talks about it either.

I believe he's referring to the buttons located directly below the large "Do frame rate conversion" button; if you click the button to the right of the "Movie x3" button you'll get more options to choose from.