Topic: 4k videos on SVP4

Hello.

I play full hd videos with the highest quality I can with SVP4 but,

when I turn to 4k videos (24->60fps or 60fps with svp on) I just cannot play, no matter what options I reduce to! The 4k video does not achieve 60 fps as it used to when I was using svp3! On SVP3.1.7 i was able to switch from 5G (I used for full HD) for 3G (I used for 4k), but on SVP4, even with this new one SVP4 free, even if I use more performance, there is no big difference.

Ah, and there is something, the CPU-GPU usage does not reach 40%! On SVP 3 I think it could use all your cpu, and then it might be a limit, nonintended, for performance on high usage videos.

Can any of you watch 4k videos flawlessly with svp4? On which configuration? Thank you.

By the way, I use windows 10, I have a amd-8370 OC. 4.5ghz 8-core cpu; nvidia gtx 960; dxva-copy-back; mpc-hc x86;

Re: 4k videos on SVP4

Are you sure you're using the same video decoder and video renderer now as with SVP 3.1.7?

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 765#p53765

4 (edited by Roberto Rossi 10-10-2015 15:43:40)

Alright, now... changing the number of threads, the cpu usage is good.

But my svp index for 4k movies is 0.85-0.95 ....

I put higher performance on video profiles, optimized for film, art. masking low, I use madvr and reclock... there is a way to raise svp performance from 0.85 to 1.00 changing this?

Chainik there could be a way in svp4 for drastic change in performance/quality, as there is on svp3 (1c-1g-2c-2g-3c-3g-4c-4g-5c-5g)... the change in performance bar on svp4 is quite low compared to svp3...

Would it be blasphemous to suggest having more than a 30% +/- range available?

Nintendo Maniac 64 and Chainik

I've changed the value from -30 (-30%performance) (utilities, application settings, 2. video profiles options, profiles, fi_auto_adjust) to -200, -80, -50 whatever........ now I've successfully been able to convert 4k movies from 24 to 60 fps by diminishing quality.

4k videos uses more than 3 times cpu over full hd videos... and svp4 is only intended to play, normally until full hd videos, that is why it is needed to raise insanely the performance.

I've noticed that 4k videos with low quality is definitely not beautiful.... beautiful is indeed a full hd video converted to 60 fps...... thats why for now, when I see 4k videos on mpc-hc, I will see them at 24 fps

BTW I wonder if "decrease to screen size" is turned on?