1 (edited by sofakng 07-10-2015 14:44:09)

Topic: Best settings (re: quality) for offline conversion?

I'm manually using SVPFlow with FFmpeg to convert my videos (offline) but I'm wondering what the best settings are.  I've tried to inspect SVPManager's AVS script and InterFrame and here is what I have:

SVSuper_string =   "{scale:{up:0},gpu:0,rc:false}"
SVAnalyse_string = "{block:{w:8,overlap:2},main:{search:{distance:0,coarse:{distance:-10,bad:{sad:2000}}}},refine:[{thsad:250}]}"
smooth_string =    "{rate:{num:2,den:1},algo:23,mask:{area:150,area_sharp:1.2},scene:{mode:0}}"

Should I change anything?  I'm looking for max smoothness, I think.  (I want the motion to look "real" and home-video recorded if that makes sense)

Re: Best settings (re: quality) for offline conversion?

refine:[{thsad:1000}] ?

I looked from here

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 08-10-2015 02:34:15)

Just beware that "algo:23" (aka 'complicated') will give squiggly and wavy artifacts around any thin lines that are moving across the screen.

Thanks!  Should I use 21 then?  The FAQ says that the default settings are already set for the best quality?

It really just depends on the content. Why not try the video with SVP in real-time and see if there's any noticeable artifacts?  If CPU utilization is the issue then just run SVP with lower settings, like 1m + complicated + 16px + two pixel + downscale to 720p.