1 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-10-2015 09:13:13)

Topic: What does the "at %" in SVP4's index mean?

I understand everything else in the performance graphs, but this has me confused.

Post's attachments

SVP index.png, 33.94 kb, 502 x 553
SVP index.png 33.94 kb, 439 downloads since 2015-10-03 

Re: What does the "at %" in SVP4's index mean?

I don't have that... So I don't know...

http://i.imgur.com/cfvmzVH.jpg

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-10-2015 18:49:03)

Oh, must not be in the older versions... well once the full version is out in a week or whenever you should see it. tongue  AFAIK it's not something exclusive to the paid version.

And protip: alt+print screen lets you take a screenshot of only the current window rather than the entire screen.

It's hard to explain... even I'm still not sure what it means big_smile

Simple example: assume we know that every output frame takes 8 ms in average to be built. If we're trying to show 60 fps (which is 1000/60 = 16 ms per frame) then our system is loaded by 8/16 = 50%. It's NOT a "CPU load" but a "system load" from SVP's point of view.

It will be removed from the upcoming release version until I figure out how to measure it correctly smile

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-10-2015 19:07:23)

Well that "system load" doesn't seem to be all that accurate because, on my dual-core, the percentage is considerably lower with the likes of 13 threads compared to 5 threads even though the CPU utilization is considerably lower with 5 threads (and resulting SVP performance is still 1.00).

Unless I'm missing something, but I can't think how higher CPU utilization would result in less system load.

this number is totally screwed now in multi-threaded GPU-assisted environment
just don't look at it big_smile

7 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-10-2015 19:15:03)

Chainik wrote:

just don't look at it big_smile

Well it was just something I noticed when I was fiddling with the thread amount since "Auto" apparently wasn't using enough threads for adequate performance (CPU was hitting a wall around 60% utilization and causing a poor SVP index until I set SVP to use 5 threads).