1 (edited by gabe 29-09-2015 22:45:18)

Topic: Need help with flickering subtitles!

I already searched in the forum for this problem, subtitles are shown kind of blurry when the video have an scene that is kind of faster than others, and I found out that I have to alter the order of the filters to solve this (or something like that) but I can't get it fixed. I almost tried everything I know...

Please, it would be awesome to fix this... It is just with softsubs, hardsubs doesn't have this kind of problem.

Here's an example:

http://i.minus.com/ibjcNGyOF6sfxB.jpg

If there is a solution for this, I want a detailed explanation since I don't get it just by following little intructions...

PD: I use MPC

2 (edited by Blackfyre 30-09-2015 05:46:31)

Re: Need help with flickering subtitles!

Which version of SVP are you running? I believe (but not 100% sure) that artifact masking will fix this (however, smoothness will decrease).

Have you tried using MPDN instead of MPC? To see if you can recreate the issue.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120

Blackfyre wrote:

Which version of SVP are you running? I believe (but not 100% sure) that artifact masking will fix this (however, smoothness will decrease).

Have you tried using MPDN instead of MPC? To see if you can recreate the issue.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120

Tried playing with the Artifact Masking and the problem is quite fixed, however you can still see a little flick. Is it possible to fix it in a 100%?

gabe wrote:

Tried playing with the Artifact Masking and the problem is quite fixed, however you can still see a little flick. Is it possible to fix it in a 100%?

Yes, turn SVP off lol

There will always be a little bit of artifacts. I wish there was a way to completely remove them and have everything running smoothly, but nothing is ever perfect.

Maybe we will have better masking when SVP 4 is released next month, but we'll have to wait and see.

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 01-10-2015 01:45:02)

gabe wrote:

It is just with softsubs, hardsubs doesn't have this kind of problem.

Uhhh, I think you have it backwards.  Your issue in question should only happen with hardsubs, not softsubs.

Blackfyre wrote:
gabe wrote:

Yes, turn SVP off lol

There will always be a little bit of artifacts. I wish there was a way to completely remove them and have everything running smoothly, but nothing is ever perfect.

Maybe we will have better masking when SVP 4 is released next month, but we'll have to wait and see.

Well, that's what I supposed ^^ As long as the video is smooth I think it's far enough smile

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
gabe wrote:

Uhhh, I think you have it backwards.  Your issue in question should only happen with hardsubs, not softsubs.

Yes, I was thinking about that... The problem seems to be in hardsubs, I didn't check it in detail.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
gabe wrote:

Doesn't SVP take the video for processing after everything else, like overlaying softsubs, has been done to it?

9 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-10-2015 01:20:38)

VB_SVP wrote:

Doesn't SVP take the video for processing after everything else, like overlaying softsubs, has been done to it?

Consider that, when MPC-HC resizes the video, that happens after SVP - soft subtitles are the same in that regard.