1 (edited by ionutm80 24-09-2015 12:47:10)

Topic: ffdraw not loading in Kodi DSPlayer

Hi,

I'm having a nasty problem regarding the use of SVP with Kodi DSPlayer and madVR.
My spec: Core I5 3470S, GTX 750 TI, Win 10.

First I have installed MPC-HC, LAV Filters, madVR, ffdshow, SVP Light and I had perfect playback of any 1080p blu-ray rips with both madVR and SVP enabled.
Consequently I have tried to replicate the same behavior by using Kodi with DSPlayer. I have set a rule for playing mkvs with lavfsplitter, lavfsource, lavvideo, lavaudio, xySubFilter and added as extra filter ffdshow raw. The video renderer is set as madVR and audio renderer is ReClock. The video start, madVR loads but NOT SVP ... and I'm very frustrated because for me this is the perfect set-up. SVP is 3.1.7 version, I have just purchased a SVP 4 perk on Indiegogo and I'm going to try also this tonight.

Can anyone point me into the right direction please? What am I not doing right in Kodi if in MPC-HC is working perfect? I have even checked the my mediasconfig.xml with the one on the SVP wiki and all codecs are in place ...

What I know for sure is that it's not related to Win 10. I previously had Win 8.1 and it didn't work either.

Re: ffdraw not loading in Kodi DSPlayer

please, show config files and tell us full kodi's version

3 (edited by cwwjones 24-09-2015 16:54:16)

When you install Kodi, use all the internal filters. You only need to add the ffdshow raw filter for svp. You do not need rules for playing mkv files either. There is lots of info over at the Kodi forum on how to set up dsplayer. I have svp working by adding the ffdshow raw filter and left all else in Kodi on default settings.

I will revert with my config file. The kodi version is DSPlayer 15.2 RC2 Isengard DX11 - build (20150920-5eef595) from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175.

When i tired it, i hit a wall similar to what your describing.
I downgraded my ffdshow version to "ffdshow_rev4532_20140717_clsid" it magically started working.
At some time during this process i also installed MatroskaSplitter, but i don't think that helped the situation.
Anyhow i happen to have the config files, so i attached them to this post, i hope this helps.

Post's attachments

dsplayer.zip 2.04 kb, 607 downloads since 2015-09-25 

Link wrote:

I downgraded my ffdshow version to "ffdshow_rev4532_20140717_clsid" it magically started working.
At some time during this process i also installed MatroskaSplitter, but i don't think that helped the situation.
Anyhow i happen to have the config files, so i attached them to this post, i hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. I will try your files and revert with a feedback.

ionutm80 wrote:
Link wrote:

Thanks a lot. I will try your files and revert with a feedback.

Hi, I have returned with a feedback.

I have uninstalled completely everything and performed a clean install for ffdshow, haali, avysinth, svp, mpc-hc, laf filters, kodi dsplayer. I used your files and ... IT WORKED. SVP is now loading with Kodi DSPlayer!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR SUPPORT!

I still have 1 problem with madVR showing 1 frame repeat every 0.97 seconds but it might be linked to my TV 50Hz resolution and the fact that I'm not using ReClock due to bitstreaming (render time is way below movie frame interval, GPU load around 60% so I haven't exagerated with my settings). But I think this is for another forum ...

Hi again,

I came back with another nasty issue. This time between Kodi DSPlayer fullscreen and SVP. I have already asked about it on Kodi forum but the only reply I got was to use my TV to interpolate frames ... meaning probably to not use SVP ... but never mind.

I have tested this on both my 2 HTPCs: the one with Core I5 3470s+GTX 750 TI and the NUC and the behavior is the same ...

What happens: each time I play a 1080p movie in Kodi on my 1080p TV 60Hz I see a strange zoom taking place immediately after SVP starts to interpolate frames up to 59.94 and madVR stats shows that image upscalling is taking place. Normally this should not happen, only Chroma should be upscalled as madVR shows in MPC-HC. But with Kodi, after the zoom happens I see image upscalling with Jinc for a 1080p movie on an 1920x1080 screen (!?) and of course dropped frames start to increase and CPU load is sky rocketing.

To my surprise immediately after I disable SVP, everything went butter smooth with Kodi + active madVR profile leading to 0 dropped frames. It seems that there is a problem when Kodi fullscreen interacts with SVP after the former starts to interpolates frames up to 59.94 (TV resolution is 60 and movies are all blu-ray rips at 23,976).

This behavior only appears with Kodi DSPlayer, in MPC-HC everything works as expected.

You can easily track all the frame transformations in both SVP's events log and madVR's osd...

10 (edited by talguy 30-10-2015 19:52:01)

I'm going to piggy back this thread and say that for the life of me I can not get SVP4 running with Kodi DSPlayer 15.2 final.  I have done a bunch of uninstalls and reinstalls of everything and still nothing will work.  SVP4 works just fine if I'm playing movies with MPC-HC.  Also SVP3.1.7 works just fine with Kodi DSPlayer.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get SVP4 working on my machine?

Specs are:
- AMD Phenom II X4 830
- 8GB  RAM
- EVGA GTS450 1GB
- ASUS M5A78L-M LX

Edit: I'm using the latest versions of LAV, Madvr, Kodi DSPlayer, MPC-HC and SVP

Have you looked at SVP logs ? I had that kind of problem once because SVP was not allowed to do its work... I had to run it(SVP) as administrator to make it work.

acidmanvl wrote:

Have you looked at SVP logs ? I had that kind of problem once because SVP was not allowed to do its work... I had to run it(SVP) as administrator to make it work.

That's exactly how I fixes it a week ago. I have to run DSPlayer in admin mode on Windows 10 for some reason.  O well all better now