1 (edited by ITN 24-07-2015 16:47:13)

Topic: Reclock won't see the new fps

I have recently been trying the "to screen refresh rate" option in SVP, but no matter what I do, reclock just shows the original fps and not the interpolated one and so it can't speed up the video. Is there anyting I could try to get it to work?

setup:

MPC-BE
LAV Filters
LAV Splitter
XySubFilter
FFdshow raw video
MADVR
ReClock

2 (edited by dlr5668 24-07-2015 17:09:01)

Re: Reclock won't see the new fps

I had same problem from start. Cant solve it too.

Try "cheating" by making separate SVP profiles for different framerates and then use the according exact framerate multiplication value (2x, 2.5x, etc) to have said framerate match your screen's refresh rate.  You'll also want to go into "Profile selection method" and enable "Exclude profiles with different frame rates".

4 (edited by ITN 24-07-2015 19:51:08)

I use 60hz mode and SVP produces 59.94fps when set "to refresh rate". The goal is to have relock to speed it up to 60hz or so, that is the monitors refresh rate. Problem is reclock sees only the original fps and hence does not work. I don't quite understand how your suggestion would help here. I have read that people use reclock with SVP so I tought there might be a solution.

Me too, but it's only for mkv files. Re-clock can detect it for mp4 files.

It's said by changing the WaitReClock in hidden setting from 500 to higher wait time such as 2000 or 7000 can solve this.
But it was still cannot detect either case.

But, it's not like SVP won't work without ReClock smile

mashingan
It's said by changing the WaitReClock in hidden setting from 500 to higher wait time such as 2000 or 7000 can solve this.
But it was still cannot detect either case.

But, it's not like SVP won't work without ReClock smile

I did not find that setting in the current version, is "DelayOnPlayStart" the same thing? I tried the value 7000 there but it' still does not work.

True it works without reclock and I'm not even sure if I can spot the frame drops, but it would be nice to have working if it's possible.

Hmm, that's strange, the option should be above that "DelayOnPlayStart".
I'm using SVP 3.1.7

Yeah, in some case having ReClock works is really helpful.
It's just strange that it doesn't work for mkv files (except when the video fps is half or third of refresh rate or exact integer division)
but it works for mp4 files.

8 (edited by ITN 24-07-2015 22:15:27)

mashingan
Hmm, that's strange, the option should be above that "DelayOnPlayStart".
I'm using SVP 3.1.7

On my hidden settings above that is "ReloadAVSFactor=0.5" but I added the setting manually. Still does not work though, and it does not matter if the mkv file is 24 or 30 fps, reclock always shows the original frame rate.

But I too can confirm that mp4 works, the new fps is recognized perfectly. I wonder if the problem lies with the container, splitter or the source stream.

ITN wrote:

I don't quite understand how your suggestion would help here.

The way you worded your first post it sounded like your problem only occurs when SVP is set to "To screen refresh rate", so my suggestion was to try a different value.

10 (edited by ITN 25-07-2015 07:15:49)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
ITN wrote:

I don't quite understand how your suggestion would help here.

The way you worded your first post it sounded like your problem only occurs when SVP is set to "To screen refresh rate", so my suggestion was to try a different value.

Yeah I figured. But this seems to be a common problem, does reclock work for anyone with mkv files and SVP or is it a smaller problem?

ITN
WaitReClock
...is "DelayOnPlayStart" the same thing?
Yes. DelayOnPlayStart is the same. WaitReClock setting is not more supported by SVP 3.1.7. Use DelayOnPlayStart instead.

ReClock works if you see green icon in the system tray. It can show source framerate in some cases and it is not bad. It is effect of the same slow/speedup factor for source framerate and for framerate after SVP processing. wink

12 (edited by ITN 25-07-2015 16:07:37)

MAG79 wrote:

ITN
WaitReClock
...is "DelayOnPlayStart" the same thing?
Yes. DelayOnPlayStart is the same. WaitReClock setting is not more supported by SVP 3.1.7. Use DelayOnPlayStart instead.

ReClock works if you see green icon in the system tray. It can show source framerate in some cases and it is not bad. It is effect of the same slow/speedup factor for source framerate and for framerate after SVP processing. wink

Yeah I tried value as high as 10000 on "DelayOnPlayStart" to no effect. Reclock stays yellow and says: "Cannot sync this CINEMA video to your hardware, but to improve playback media will be played at 24.000 fps. Please set your monitor refresh rate near to a multiple of 24 Hz."

But like mentioned this happens only with MKV files.

Sorry for the double post, but I found one possible solution.

If you disable reclock's internal frame rate estimator and set it to 29,970 you will get green reclock icon and "NTSC adaptation: media speed changed to 30.000 fps. Audio resampled at 96096 Hz"

Not sure if it's perfect solution but since 29,97 is half of resulting svp frame rate of 59,94 reclock should work ok?

ITN
since 29,97 is half of resulting svp frame rate of 59,94 reclock should work ok?
Yes. In general case. In case if video framerate are standard 23.976 or 29.97 fps.
But if you have non standard video (for example 23.98) then ReClock will work incorrectly. See dropped frames in madVR statistics (by Ctrl-J).

MAG79 wrote:

ITN
since 29,97 is half of resulting svp frame rate of 59,94 reclock should work ok?
Yes. In general case. In case if video framerate are standard 23.976 or 29.97 fps.
But if you have non standard video (for example 23.98) then ReClock will work incorrectly. See dropped frames in madVR statistics (by Ctrl-J).

Yeah that is true. But since most of my videos are 23.976 this is the best solution for now. Thanks for the information.