Topic: Go! SVP! Go!

I purchased 25$ for SVP!

SVP has very good technology for future!

That is what I believe! smile

Re: Go! SVP! Go!

Thanks!
It'd be great if you could "promote" the campaign on some of your regional sites / forums / etc wink

3 (edited by foozoor 25-06-2015 11:03:14)

It should be great to add information about back end technology.
You used ffdshow with avisynth before but these projects are deprecated or x86 only.

The only technology that works for this purpose and that works on x64 is vapoursynth.
It doesn't need mt patch or ffdshow to work realtime with video players.
Its python api can be problematic for some people, but it's very simple to create advanced processing profiles.

There are also avisynth+ but development is very slow compared to vapoursynth.

On your indiegogo campaign page, you said windows desktop application.
But at the end it says potentially cross-platform.
Is it focused on windows only for now or is it though as cross-platform application?

I don't see other real options to make SVP cross-platform (i.e. - make it work under MacOS/Linux) other than create a VLC module.
In that case there'll no need for any *synth dependency BUT we'll still need some UI smile

So, new UI is a must in any case.

BTW, x64 AVS+ with x64 ffdshow are almost usable...

If you're going to rewite wouldn't it be good to drop avisynth and ffdshow completly?
Aren't there any modern alternatives?

cookieboyeli

Nope sad

Chainik wrote:

BTW, x64 AVS+ with x64 ffdshow are almost usable...

Does the ffdshow project is again actively developed?
Or is it just a little hack?

Chainik wrote:

I don't see other real options to make SVP cross-platform (i.e. - make it work under MacOS/Linux) other than create a VLC module.

I use mpv with vapoursynth for svp like interpolation at the moment on ubuntu and osx (works on windows too), it works well but that's very cpu consuming.

what do you think is the problem with x64 ffdshow? it works for me...
the real problem is with Avisynth x64

I use mpv with vapoursynth for svp like interpolation

how? via mvtools for vapoursynth?

I have a problem with ffdshow because it is deprecated, it has no maintainer.
And because it is not cross-platform.

Yes I use mvtools.

I really should run some tests with MPV...  big_smile

I use mpv with vapoursynth for svp like interpolation at the moment on ubuntu and osx (works on windows too)

It seems this is the guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/38 … k_on_os_x/

12 (edited by foozoor 26-06-2015 12:29:15)

nemoW wrote:

It seems this is the guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/38 … k_on_os_x/

Yes it is for osx users.

It works but it's far away slower than the actual SVP.
You need a very powerful desktop cpu.

The script is generic and doesn't work well with every kind of videos like animes.

foozoor
The script is generic and doesn't work well with every kind of videos like animes.

and it gives wired block arifacts

14 (edited by foozoor 26-06-2015 14:05:48)

I didn't say or didn't want to say that mvtools works as well as svp. wink

I wanted to know on which technologies you work at the moment for the next svp release since there is nothing about it on the indiegogo page, just "but is a subject to 3rd party dependencies" (wich ones) and "up to 40% better" (what makes this possible) inside the more technical table.

I was talking about cross-platform and vapoursynth because I saw you switched from delphi to qt5 as platform and because there is "potentially cross-platform" next to it. As avisynth is windows only, I hope for maybe a vapoursynth version and by extension a way to work with mpv, my favourite video player. big_smile

Inside the to do list from the indiegogo page, there is again an ambiguous sentence for me:

Improving usability for media center users.

Does it mean the windows media center?
If so, do you know that microsoft doesn't work on it anymore and it will be not present inside windows 10?

For better windows alternative, I suggest the new kodi dsplayer (ds for directshow, so it works with ffdshow) from this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175

Except some video addons that hardcoded to use the default player it seems to works perfectly.
And there are tons of video/streaming addons.
Don't try the 14.2 (helix) version, just the isengard version.

You can already create an all-in-one installer with a kodi full integration.
That should be amazing.

"Media center" is just a media center smile Including XBMC and others.
People usually what to interact with them using remotes instead of mouse & keyboard.

So by "improving usability for media center users" I mean "add more informative and may be even interactive OSD".

Vapoursynth support is not a big problem, but I really don't think mpv is "user friendly" in any way.
Besides SVP needs to interact with the player on-the-fly, and I just don't know now if it possible with mpv.
I need to dig into it first smile

I wanted to know on which technologies you work at the moment for the next svp release since there is nothing about it on the indiegogo page, just "but is a subject to 3rd party dependencies" (wich ones) and "up to 40% better" (what makes this possible) inside the more technical table.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=164554 wink

16 (edited by foozoor 26-06-2015 16:20:50)

Never saw spvflow on doom9, surely because its stupid default listing filter. roll

Chainik wrote:

So by "improving usability for media center users" I mean "add more informative and may be even interactive OSD".

Ok, it was not clear in my mind, I was confused by the "windows media player image" from the indiegogo campaign. wink

Chainik wrote:

Vapoursynth support is not a big problem but I really don't think mpv is "user friendly" in any way.

The mpv-player alone is much more dev friendly than casual user friendly but it's very flexible.

You can write you're own rendering shaders (modern glsl only) to implement madvr like features like nnedi3, super-xbr, superres, lumasharpen, finesharp, ...
But dislike madvr it's fully opensource. big_smile

You can create you're "own player" from mpv (with libmpv).
For example there are bomi-player and baka-mplayer projects.
It should be possible to integrate it with kodi just like the kodi-dsplayer project.

If so and with a vapoursynth svp version, you get the ultimate svp powered cross-platform video/streaming player with all the kodi features like music player with synchronized lyrics, retro gaming integration (snes, gba, wii, ps2, ps3, ...), comics reader, amazing media management through scrapers and so on.

foozoor
you get the ultimate svp powered cross-platform video/streaming player

Yep, it'll be great. For a few [thousands] of geeks (nurds?) big_smile

OK, you convinced me in making VS version of core libs. Still, Manager 4.0 is the main goal now.

Chainik wrote:

Yep, it'll be great. For a few [thousands] of geeks (nurds?) big_smile

What is a geek/nerd now?
As we are in the mobile world now, even a guy that uses a simple mechanical keyboard can be called a geek or nerd. big_smile
My cousin makes fun of me because my keyboard is heavier than his android tablet. lol

Chainik wrote:

OK, you convinced me in making VS version of core libs.

Cool, that's truly awesome. wink

foozoor

Tried to run it under Windows... mpv keeps telling me that "Option vf: vapoursynth doesn't exist."
If I understand it correctly it means mpv was compiled w/o "--with-vapoursynth". The one downloaded from here.

So I have to compile it myself first, right?
God, I LOVE the "unix way" of thinking  lol

20 (edited by foozoor 30-06-2015 00:21:39)

Chainik wrote:

So I have to compile it myself first, right?
God, I LOVE the "unix way" of thinking  lol

I just tried to find a pre-compiled windows release of mpv with vapoursynth option enabled.
And I didn't find anything. This is disturbing. sad
You should ask on the mpv irc channel (#mpv on irc.freenode.net).

Will the new svp release be fully opensource?

foozoor
More interesting is mpv should be complied with gcc while VS is compiled with VC++, so they are not linking together in Windows  lol
I really don't like the idea of rebuilding VS too.

Will the new svp release be fully opensource?

no

Over $10k raised in 6 days.

I was right in that people really cared about this. I was wrong in thinking that Linux people wouldn't give any money.

Chainik wrote:

cookieboyeli

Nope sad

Out of curiosity, I have a modern-ish AMD graphics card that has support for something called AMD Fluid Motion, which AMD says is its own heavily-GPU-accelerated motion interpolation software.  If I set this to its maximum level then all media I've tested it on seem get that smooth "soap opera effect".  Currently that functionality works with exactly one program: PowerDVD 14, which is somewhat convenient as that allows smooth video in the one major media that SVP cannot: commercial blurays.

I'm curious about this as my CPU and GPU are barely tasked playing back blurays with smooth-looking video with this tech enabled.

Bluerays don't work with SVP? I know I had issues playing DVDs.

Mystery wrote:

Bluerays don't work with SVP? I know I had issues playing DVDs.

You'd need some way to be able to play back commercial blurays in a video player that supports SVP.  The only ways I've found to enable that are kludges that don't preserve the bluray experience (ie:no disc menus), but maybe that's changed since I last investigated; DRM sucks.