Topic: Crash on start, runtime error

Not sure if I have settings correct. SVP seems stable, and when I load a video with MPC, after about 1 or 2 seconds, I can see SVP it saying it is running at 60 fps (4:1), but then it crashes. Usually I get a C++ runtime error.

I tried uninstalling MPC and installing the MPC-portable instead and using that, but the same issue happens.

It it possible my CPU is not fast enough? I am still only on dual-core processor. core 2 duo 8500. My GPU is a radeon hd6950, 1 gb.

I have tried uninstalling SVP and reinstalling several times. I don't think SVP is the issue. It has remained stable.

But every time I load a video with MPC it just crashes soon as SVP goes into action.

Codec issue? Do I need to have reclock installed? Is that vital?

Thanks for any help.

BTW I am not using it for HD videos. Just low or standard quality videos, so I wouldn't think it's too hardware intensive.

Re: Crash on start, runtime error

How much RAM?
Check memory usage in the Windows Task manager.

Hi, I have 3 gigs, but 1 is for GPU. So 2 gig.

Do you think it can be because of RAM limitation?

Yes I do, unless you're not trying to use SVP with MPC-HC x64  big_smile
Once again - check what's going on with memory usage in the Windows Task Manager. How much memory is free before SVP launch, what is peak usage at the moment of crash.
You could also post here more detailed information about the crash found in Event Viewer.