Topic: Is madvr a placebo?

...or is it my Intel HD 4400, or wrong settings? Between it and EVR the only difference I've seen is madvr is a cpu hog and EVR isn't. I've tried all kinds of settings I've found on the net but it either makes a video choppy or otherwise there's simply the same picture quality but with more cpu load. What am I missing here? I've done screen-shots of the same video fram, one with madvr as renderer, one with evr, no difference in quality. Am I doing something wrong here?

Re: Is madvr a placebo?

pixilpete
It is Intel HD 4400. Madvr requires decent midrange card (like amd 78xx)

You should clarify that the performance of a graphics card does not reduce or increase the visual quality of madVR, but rather having a better GPU allows you to set madVR's options to higher-quality settings.

Also make sure you're:

1. upscaling rather than downscaling
2. Not using Intel graphics over HDMI (has a tendency to output with reduced chroma)

Yes. First, madVR requires a Radeon or AMD to run properly.

Second, you must manually tweak madVR's scaling algorithm settings. It might still work for you combined with SVP, but with low settings.

Mystery wrote:

Yes. First, madVR requires a Radeon or AMD to run properly.

Uhh, did you mean to say it requires Radeon/AMD or Geforce/Nvidia?

6 (edited by Mystery 21-04-2015 02:50:16)

Radeon or Geoforce smile

An integrated chipset will pretty much only handle SVP.

7 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-04-2015 02:53:03)

Mystery wrote:

An integrated chipset will pretty much only handle SVP.

That would imply that the iGP on the A10-7850K isn't enough for madVR...

8 (edited by Mystery 21-04-2015 15:20:20)

That chip contains a Radeon R7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6819113359

Oh. I meant, an Intel integrated chipset smile

I do have an integrated chipset: dual-graphics Intel HD 4000 and Radeon HD 7670M. It works wonders.

To get a really good video card, would also mean a psu replacement. madrvr at lower settings seems no better than EVR. I guess I'm just stuck EVR with the onboard hd 4400 for awhile. But, with the right shaders it still looks good.